Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just joined - car arriving next year

Hello - just joined.

I ordered a NX450+ Takumi Plug-in Hybrid in September and I'm told delivery will be in June 2023. That works for me as my current car lease ends late June. I'm currently driving a Mazda CX30 top spec - love it one of the best cars I've ever had. However they don't do a plug-in hybrid version and as my wife is just getting an electric car a plug-in hybrid makes sense as I do longer journeys and we now have a wall charger in the garage. The Mazda MX30 is nice but has a poor range of around 124 miles tops. I looked at the Mazda CX60 plug in but wasnt impressed with the styling, the Mercedes GLA PHEV (can't be supplied with the spec I want for a year or so) and the Alfa Romeo Tonale hybrid - lovely looking car but no plug-in in UK as yet plus interior looked cheap. So took an NX450+ for a test drive and was sold on it straight away. I'm really looking forward to it arriving.

Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Its notoriously tricky to hard wire one on the CX30 and I wondered if it was similar with the NX? Also does anyone know if the audio system plays FLAC format files off USB as my Mazda does?

Hi Paul, welcome to the LOC and congratulations on your choice of new Lexus.

Waiting times aren’t getting any shorter but in your case good timing, just make sure your order is confirmed in writing as another member recently discovered the order had not been submitted several months later.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve. I've got an order number and its recognised on the Lexus Link app - saying order is being processed. I guess checking every day to see if it says its being built doesnt help? 😄

Luckily it was ordered before the October price increase, and as I'd paid a deposit the dealer sealed the price at the pre-increase level.

• Like 1

Hi Paul and hi everyone, similarly I ordered an NX 450h+ Takumi spec (Sonic Grey/Black) with the order being placed at the end of June 2022 and an expected delivery date of early March '23. It's been radio silence from my dealer other than when I contacted them for an update. It feels like they aren't having to work particularly hard for customers at present but hopefully nearer delivery they'll improve.

On the dashcam question, I've got the Nextbase front/rear version being fitted (included as a clincher by the dealer), and apparently the fitting/hard wiring is fairly straightforward; certainly on the test drive car it was very neatly wired and hidden etc.

I just need to sort the towbar now. I wasn't able to order it at the time due to availability, but I'm hoping it can be added at Derby prior to delivery if supply improves between now and March. 

Thanks folks.

I popped into the dealer the other day and found out that they do a dealer-fitted front/rear dashcam which I wasn't offered when I ordered the car. So I have now added it in. They are still saying expected delivery date will be May/June next year which is just right for me, with expected build date of late February.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links