Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 years in. Well nearly.

The tax is what it is, I’m actually more interested in the rated power output of the car and whether it’s one of the later, less powerful ones.  It’s only around 20bhp but gives me another reason to get a new mid pipe if that’s the case!

The V5 for my GSF registered 3/8/2017 shows CO2 as 260 G/KM which is more than the old it would seem!

Max net power is identical to the earlier models at 351 kW (which is 471 bhp). Pretty sure the power output remained the same throughout.

US ones gsf and rcf were 4 bhp less at 467 bhp, but the newer IS500f has the same as UK engines (471 bhp).

26 minutes ago, Pielight said:

The V5 for my GSF registered 3/8/2017 shows CO2 as 260 G/KM which is more than the old it would seem!

Max net power is identical to the earlier models at 351 kW (which is 471 bhp). Pretty sure the power output remained the same throughout.

US ones gsf and rcf were 4 bhp less at 467 bhp, but the newer IS500f has the same as UK engines (471 bhp).

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons it seems my V5 says 341kW and 258 G/KM!  Not sure I trust the DVLA numbers mind you but I don't seem to have good power or emissions.

Found this link.  As a plus pack RCF everything about this article suggests it is the euro6d engine and as such will be 457bhp......must have a hunt for this GPF they are talking about.  

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/2018-lexus-rc-rc-f-upgrades/

6 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons it seems my V5 says 341kW and 258 G/KM!  Not sure I trust the DVLA numbers mind you but I don't seem to have good power or emissions.

I must admit to being a little sceptical as to the accuracy of the DVLA figures. Do the dealers send the filled out details or does the DVLA use their own references for this I wonder.

Just now, Jgtcracer said:

And to confuse things further the Lexus website shows the latest RCF CO2 as 268 G/KM!

They now quote 464 hp DIN rather than bhp. To convert you divide bhp by 1.0139 to arrive at the DIN value.

So taking the original quoted 471 bhp: 471 ÷ 1.0139 = 464. So the power output has remained identical. DIN as I remember is a value added to take into account the extra load of the ancillaries (air con, alternator) to give a more realistic value for the engine installed. 

Perhaps they add a proportionate value for the load with CO2 now as well.🤔

12 minutes ago, Pielight said:

And to confuse things further the Lexus website shows the latest RCF CO2 as 268 G/KM!

They now quote 464 hp DIN rather than bhp. To convert you divide bhp by 1.0139 to arrive at the DIN value.

So taking the original quoted 471 bhp: 471 ÷ 1.0139 = 464. So the power output has remained identical. DIN as I remember is a value added to take into account the extra load of the ancillaries (air con, alternator) to give a more realistic value for the engine installed. 

Perhaps they add a proportionate value for the load with CO2 now as well.🤔

Wow, suppose this is what standard units of measurement are designed for.   You’re a more intelligent man than I!

This thread has gone off track a tad!  Haha

25 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Found this link.  As a plus pack RCF everything about this article suggests it is the euro6d engine and as such will be 457bhp......must have a hunt for this GPF they are talking about.  

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/2018-lexus-rc-rc-f-upgrades/

Yes that is strange. As I mentioned, the bumph for the 2023 model has it back up to 471 bhp (464 hp DIN). It's hard to imagine they too the GPF off...maybe they've retuned the engine around it.

1 minute ago, Jgtcracer said:

Wow, suppose this is what standard units of measurement are designed for.   You’re a more intelligent man than I!

This thread has gone off track a tad!  Haha

Not at all....just have some weird interests and need to get out! lol.

Yes...it's gone off on a tangent. I'll behave now! 🤣

I've had my RCF for 4 years last October which for me is an all time record as well. I have rarely kept a car for more than a year, my CL65 broke that with 18 months of ownership.

Although I hardly use a car much these days the RCF was bought at a transition time in my business life and not long after purchase I sold the last part of my business to my right hand man. So the need to travel over the UK to both survey contracts and to keep them running smoothly ceased about 10 months into ownership.

By that time I was enjoying the RCF, my CL65 with air suspension made long journeys a pleasure and the RCF with AVS was so close to that long relaxing driving experience I didn't miss the CL65.

I have had a band for a very long time and have been a collector of pre CBS Fender guitars since the 70's and had amassed a very big collection which I sold a few years ago. The sale enabled me to comfortably afford a McLaren 720s so I arranged a test drive in one. Needless to say it was mind blowing but so was the ownership costs, driving back in the RCF my thoughts were that the RCF was rubbish so I put it up for sale.

Over the next few days I had what I can only describe as an epiphany when driving the RCF back to the McLaren dealership because those who know these things realise you can only really sell these cars back to the dealership rather than sell it privately and the actual real world costs of buying one and maybe selling it after a year of ownership is not for the faint hearted. So I turned back.

Meanwhile the RCF started to win back favour with me because apart from the running costs being so low and it never failing to start or perform well every time I used it made me conclude this car is pretty good after all.

I had the car up for sale for a while and having experienced a long line of chancers and fools decided that I wouldn't sell it.

I think the car will remain a very low mileage example having only 12000 miles on the clock but I honestly can't find anything on the market I want to waste my money on, perhaps it's an age thing but I just don't want to spend any more money on cars.

It's not the age, it's the RCF/GSF itself... This RELIABILITY cannot be compared to anything else in same price/power/fun factor, so no wonder you are not looking for any newer/quicker MONEY PIT. I am 36 and the only reason I would sell my RCF would be new 20 mph speed limit in Wales soon and lots of Police to enforce it 😕

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

It's not the age, it's the RCF/GSF itself... This RELIABILITY cannot be compared to anything else in same price/power/fun factor, so no wonder you are not looking for any newer/quicker MONEY PIT. I am 36 and the only reason I would sell my RCF would be new 20 mph speed limit in Wales soon and lots of Police to enforce it 😕

Couldn't agree more, although I loved my CL65 I sold it just before it was due a £3500 spark plug big service plus you had to get it serviced at a main agent so as you didn't waste the £1500 a year warranty. Don't get me wrong I've loved owning these types of cars but when you consider what the RCF/GSF offers it is as I first proclaimed after my first RCF's service this thing is as cheap as chips (well at least in those days) to run.

This was one of the reasons I looked for an RCF with everything you could have as options i.e. TVD, AVS etc because I had concluded that unlike other marques it would probably never go wrong, will not cost a fortune to maintain in full working order, and in the unlikely event of it going bang Lexus would probably replace it without you having to bend over.

I have tried other cars that are sharper/quicker etc but the RCF/GSF for road use are so close it isn't worth the hassle.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So after a couple of busy weeks I’ve finally got my finger out my behind and got the GSF sorted. Fuel pipe recall and disks and pads replaced.

Made a couple of calls and the car has been sold.

Clearing the inside last night of all my rubbish, was quite sad, as it’s the first car in a long time that I’m not looking forward to selling and will be missed. Sorely missed.

With the ISF and GSF it’s almost 7 years with the Lexus brand and even though the cars weren’t new, the experience with the brand after years with the german competition has been very refreshing.

It’ll be a sad day next week when it’s picked up and will eventually go to its new owner. Whoever finally buys it will get a cracking car, and hopefully enjoy it as much as I have.

It’ll get a final wash and brush up over the Easter weekend, and run up a favourite road, and I just hope that it’s eventual replacement arriving in a couple of weeks time will get under my skin as much as the GSF has. Time will tell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links