Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VSC Check ON after oil change

Lex_utor

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Are those the only lights on the dash? No lights to the left?

The symbol on techstream to clear codes looks like an old British single cylinder bike engine. Go through Health Check, yes it takes ages, and find that symbol. Like I said that 1210 code could take two attempts to clear.

Yes when I had my last series of lights on the dash which was a faulty ABS unit my car drove as normal as normal is. Its just seeing those lights that puts you off.

Yep. Those are the only lights on the dash.

You mean this symbol:

techstream_code_erase_symbol.png

12 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Yes that's the one.

Thanks. What's the correct way of erasing? On the health check page as above or in the VSC page, where I scanned and found the posted codes? Or makes no difference? If memory is correct, I think the engine symbol is available on both.

Hi Lex. Because of the 1210 code use the Health Check page. When I did mine that code wouldn't clear on the VSC page. I did however have to do it twice even on the Health Check page.

10 hours ago, Lex_utor said:

Thanks. What's the correct way of erasing? On the health check page as above or in the VSC page, where I scanned and found the posted codes? Or makes no difference? If memory is correct, I think the engine symbol is available on both.

Well... the correct way would be fixing the faults... however if you believe faults are fixed and there are still DTCs (trouble codes), then sometimes clearing them is good way of checking that issue was actually fixed. Likewise sometimes you have some historic faults which are no longer relevant, or faults which are not relevant for the time e.g. I currently have all the airbag faults, but that is because I have the dash out and all airbags are obviously disconnected.

Anyway... in your case the correct way would be to clear the faults, do the calibration and read the faults again to make sure calibration cured them. In fact I think calibration itself clears the faults as an intermediate step. If you get all the faults again after the calibration then calibration was not your issue. Likewise sometimes it happens the you simply clear the faults and they never comeback if you lucky.

But yes - pressing the engine button is the correct way to clear the faults if you actually want to clear them. It does not matter if you do it from health check screen or from individual modules screen.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:22 PM, Linas.P said:

Ok so you have calibration errors yaw sensor. You sure that happened after oil change? I can't see any relevance here - whatever they did to the car could no knock calibration out, disconnecting battery will do nothing, you need to calibrate yaw sensor. Usually something like replacement or disconnection of the sensor or ABS pump would cause it. 

The calibration of yaw sensor is simple, park car on even ground, go to TechStream utilities for ABS/VSC/EPS and there will be calibration option - I think it is called "reset memory". It goes something along the lines "turn IG ON, make the steering straight, press calibrate, wait 5s, turn off the ignition, wait 5 seconds, start the car". It could be done with jumper between TS (4) and CG (12) terminals, but that has a risk of damaging you OBD2 port (just connectors get's lose over time)... so I would not advise it. Same procedure as per TechStream, just instead of following on screen instruction you need to jump terminal 4 times in 8 seconds, VSC Test Mode and ABS light starts blinking, wait 5s switch off. Better do it with TechStream...

Do you have repair manual... it has all instructions. 

I'm trying to do this now. Looking at the Service Manual. 

There is option A. Clear the zero point calibration data.
which seems more similar to the steps your described above.

Then there is option B. Perform the zero point calibration of yaw rate and acceleration sensor.

Shoud I do both?

Regardless I can't find my way around techstream to find "Reset Memory" for A. Or find "Test Mode" for B.

Update: VSC light is GONE!!! :yahoo:

Doing the calibration did the trick. 

Linas helped out via PM. Thanks again Linas and thanks to everybody who jumped in to help.

Car never had any problems but it's sure nice to drive without that annoying light on.

I'm also glad I could do it via techstream instead of the wire hack. 

Thanks again gentlemen.  This chapter is closed.  

Today I get my big brakes installed.  Looking forward to that. :yes:

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links