Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

tyre choice heafache

Mattster

Guys, time for new tyres all round on my 2.5 ton 2012 LS600hL.  Prior Bridgies last about 5 mins and rubbish in the wet. So many choices. Being in North Korea, I mean New Zealand, it can be Wet Wet Wet. Seem to be very inconsistent results and reviews on various review sites. I value safety in the wet, quietness ( of course) and feedback ( of course, not much from the car itself. It handles corners very well for a boat but you'd never know it until exiting, still alive). Thanks for your experience and feedback. Just want to avoid lemons for this car. And money is an object, sadly.

You mostly get what you pay for.
I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 fitted to my LS430 (245/45-R18 100Y).
They grip well in the wet and dry, seem to be lasting well, but are noisier than the Avon ZV5s that they replaced.
I've heard very good things about the Michelin Primacy 3 & 4 but I've not used them yet.
Yes, they cost more, but they also seem to last up to 20k miles longer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

You mostly get what you pay for.
I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 fitted to my LS430 (245/45-R18 100Y).
They grip well in the wet and dry, seem to be lasting well, but are noisier than the Avon ZV5s that they replaced.
I've heard very good things about the Michelin Primacy 3 & 4 but I've not used them yet.
Yes, they cost more, but they also seem to last up to 20k miles longer.

I have the Goodyear Asymmetric Eagle F1 5s and I can confirm that they are an excellent choice.  However,  my first choice was the Michelin CrossClimate - but Michelin didn't make one of the two sizes that my Lexus required.  In addition the then new Goodyears tested very well against the Michelins.

There are quite a few outfits doing comparative road tests of tyre brands.  I certainly found it worthwhile reading and watching them and assessing which most closely reflected my specific needs.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links