Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus parts availability.

DavidCM

Some months ago I had some accident damage repaired on my RC300h by Jemca bodyshop.The repair and paint matching are absolutely fine.

They were going to replace the o/s exhaust trim as part of the repair but the part is not available.I'm now being told that as the RC300 is no longer in production,they can't get the part.I have advised them that the RC is available in N America and just now also checked and see it is also available in Japan.

I can't believe that a company like Lexus just stops supplying parts like this, especially as the car is still available elsewhere .

Has anybody else had similar problems?

It is completely unacceptable that parts for such a new car are "no longer available" . I suspect that the truth is that the part is on back order and will not be available until the supplier has enough orders to make it worth their while producing it. Laziness on the part of the bodyshop  or they don't like the (probably eye watering) cost of the part.

Refer this to Lexus customer service and if you get no joy write to their  MD Chris Hayes. Also try and push it through your insurer. They are supposed to put you back in the position you were in before the incident so if you still have a damaged trim you can't be, and there will be a financial implication when you come to sell the car.

Only recently, in its Order of 18 February 2019, the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main made a statement as to the circumstances under which manufacturers or importers are required to do so (Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main, Order of 18 February 2019 – Case No. 13 U 186/17).

Manufacturers are required in each case to continue supplying spare parts for a period of two years after their product goes off the market so that their B2B customers will have access to the appropriate parts and are in a position to offer them to their customers who purchased their products under warranty. Manufacturers and dealers may reach contractual arrangements which go beyond this period.

On 12/12/2022 at 3:26 PM, DavidCM said:

Some months ago I had some accident damage repaired on my RC300h by Jemca bodyshop.The repair and paint matching are absolutely fine.

They were going to replace the o/s exhaust trim as part of the repair but the part is not available.I'm now being told that as the RC300 is no longer in production,they can't get the part.I have advised them that the RC is available in N America and just now also checked and see it is also available in Japan.

I can't believe that a company like Lexus just stops supplying parts like this, especially as the car is still available elsewhere .

Has anybody else had similar problems?

They are just trying to flip you off.

When I bought my RC it had burn mark/or scratch on A-pillar cover and I insisted they replace it (says in owner manual, if damaged replace, because it houses curtain airbag). They could not get the part within a week before they delivered the car, it took good 2 months until they shipped it to me and it was clearly used part (the clips plastic had white marks, meaning it was bent), it was in good condition so I didn't bother to saying anything, but I thought it was weird. This was 2019.

Later in 2021, I had my seat motor failing and they fixed it under warranty, what I found weird was that instead of just replacing whole seat, they ordered all internal separately and then completely reassembled it for £4200. Again I thought for that price they could have ordered whole new seat, but apparently Lexus does not make spare seats, only the internal parts.

I don't know if this is penny pinching on dealers part, or the parts are really that hard to get, but it felt like spares for RC were just not available. That said it is normal for any car manufacturer to make extra spare parts for all the cars they make and just run the line for few years after the model end to stock-up on spares. I just can believe Lexus finished making RCs and that is it, no spare parts being made and none in reserve. 

Thanks Linas.The annoying thing is that they still sell the RC in North America and Japan..Both websites offer a range of models..RCF 300 and 350 (I'm guessing about Japan,as my Japanese is rusty).Both the "3" models appear to have the same shape stainless steel end trim as the 300h.

I think I'll just give up on it as the end tip has so little damage to the point I can hardly see it..It was probably put on the list of parts to pad out the job as the insurance co were paying.At least they(Jemca,Bracknell) did a really good job on the (Sonic Red) paint.There are more important things in life to worry about.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links