Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 headlight bulb upgrades

Johnlex

7 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey John I'm surprised you're asking about upgrading bulbs. I'm sure you've done it before but anyhow the favourite is Osram Night Breakers. But aren't yours Xenons?

Nope I’ve not asked about upgrades seen a few threads on here but they from2015 and I’m sure slots moved in since then ? Also not sure if xenon’s or not ????

33 minutes ago, Johnlex said:

Nope I’ve not asked about upgrades seen a few threads on here but they from2015 and I’m sure slots moved in since then ? Also not sure if xenon’s or not ????

When I acquired my 2015 Lexus I was very disappointed with the main beam - it was very inferior to my previous Honda Accord.  I asked about upgrading to HiD bulbs - only to discover they already were!

Like Vladimir I discovered the Osram Nightbreaker Laser Xenarc, which were a considerable improvement.  Mine were D4S fitting, but I suspect yours will be different.  Apart from a superior main beam, I was particularly impressed by the improved dip which proved far better at lighting up the verges of our narrow country lanes.

But are they street legal, you ask?

As I understand it…no.  But my bulb supplier tells me this is a technicality because when the current fitments were designed, no-one envisaged them being used by a technically original form of bulb!

As long as the headlamp has a working bulb, correctly adjusted, it should pass the MoT - as indeed mine have.

Incidentally, I also replaced the reversing bulb with a superior product as the Lexus offering was almost useless.

Just had a proper look at your car John. Since you don't have headlight washers then you don't have Xenons. 

Did you get those headlights from Lexus or eBay? It's the bulbous part that confuses me as I associate those with Xenon

I'd check with the supplier as to what bulbs fit.

4 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Just had a proper look at your car John. Since you don't have headlight washers then you don't have Xenons. 

Did you get those headlights from Lexus or ebay? It's the bulbous part that confuses me as I associate those with Xenon. 

I'd check with the supplier as to what bulbs fit.

These headlights are direct from Lexus and also installed by Lexus as covered under warranty with defective seals 

Hi John  I was disappointed with the dip beam performance on the 250C according to the hand book bulbs are HID Discharge  or 55W H11 halogen .I contacted Lexus parts direct who said they are H I D discharge on mine ,but my car is the later model Think yours will be 55w H11 halogen but check as advised.I replaced with Osram Xenarc blue intense  try A B D .co.uk 

Dave

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi John  I was disappointed with the dip beam performance on the 250C according to the hand book bulbs are HID Discharge  or 55W H11 halogen .I contacted Lexus parts direct who said they are H I D discharge on mine ,but my car is the later model Think yours will be 55w H11 halogen but check as advised.I replaced with Osram Xenarc blue intense  try A B D .co.uk 

Dave

Hey,

yes is you have the discharge lights you have the upgraded which are the more expensive one and also retail over £600 including vat my ones only £300 including vat. 
they really let the car down with this ywllow

tinge yet they are brand new lamps. 

8 hours ago, Johnlex said:

I’ve got 2 brand new headlights on my Lexus is 250c I now want to upgrade the bulbs to whiter brighter ones which I still road legal. Good quality and last a very long time: 

any help please ??

50978F0E-6F15-4380-B240-BBBEE49BC2B3.jpeg

There is not much you can do with Halogens on your car (Xenon would have washers). You can get whiter white (4300k or 6000k, instead of ~2700k originals), but you can't make them much brighter - I think other guys already mentioned best options Osram Cool Blue Intense or Osram Nightbreakers. They do look nicer, but do not expect much brighter lights... just the limit on how much halogen can shine. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

There is not much you can do with Halogens on your car (Xenon would have washers). You can get whiter white (4300k or 6000k, instead of ~2700k originals), but you can't make them much brighter - I think other guys already mentioned best options Osram Cool Blue Intense or Osram Nightbreakers. They do look nicer, but do not expect much brighter lights... just the limit on how much halogen can shine. 

thanks. Do you know the name  and sizes of all bulbs to be replaced ?

16 minutes ago, Johnlex said:

thanks. Do you know the name  and sizes of all bulbs to be replaced ?

This is where I - and others already mentioned - bought our Osram bulbs.  I suggest you use their bulb checker to see what upgrades are available.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/

Of course, other retailers are available!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links