Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is 250c battery cover missing

Johnlex

Hi John,

I just checked on my car and I also have the same plug and just like yours it is not connected to anything so I don't imagine it is anything to be concerned about.

The connection for the temperature sensor would be on the other side of the Battery and may or may not have the sensor attached to it. The sensor would normally be clipped to the Battery enclosure which is missing from your car. You can see it attached to the enclosure in the photo you posted. The seperate plate shown in the photo sits below the Battery and should probably still be present in your car though you would probably have to remove the Battery to confirm.

Hope this helps.

Dec.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Beamish said:

Hi John,

I just checked on my car and I also have the same plug and just like yours it is not connected to anything so I don't imagine it is anything to be concerned about.

The connection for the temperature sensor would be on the other side of the battery and may or may not have the sensor attached to it. The sensor would normally be clipped to the battery enclosure which is missing from your car. You can see it attached to the enclosure in the photo you posted. The seperate plate shown in the photo sits below the battery and should probably still be present in your car though you would probably have to remove the battery to confirm.

Hope this helps.

Dec.

Hey,this makes a lot of sense. 
Thanks 

On 12/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, true blue said:

Hi my car does not have a battery cover as such ,it has an open frame all round which is held by the clamps in your drawing .The inner facing side of the case has a wired sender attached to the side which I believe is to monitor the battery if overheating occurs ,this can be awkward when replacing the battery so perhaps it has been left off when this was done.If your battery is not a Panasonic it has probably been replaced .The terminals have their own cover

Dave

So been digging around and now found this cable

on the left side ?

FD6CAF6B-FF57-41A5-B794-724902129488.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

That looks familiar. It slides up, let's call it a, a channel on the battery housing case call it what you will on the +ve side. Like I said previously it's best to have battery out so you can manipulate the casing. 

I don’t have the plastic casing does it go underneath the tray at the bottom

1 hour ago, Beamish said:

That is the temperature sensor which you are holding between your fingers.

If you simply tape it to the side of the battery towards the top it should function as normal.

I’ve done it 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links