Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Head Up Display[ HUD] advice

Looking forward to picking up a [nearly] new NX 450h + F Sport next week.

After reading various reviews over the past few days, one item that seems to get certain negative points is the HUD ....being somewhat confusing. Mainly in relation to everyday use.

My previous car had all of the usual toys....but had separate clear defined buttons on the steering wheel or on a dial [BMW]

Would appreciate your views and how you find its operation. In perticular using/answering phone calls, volume, etc and making calls to contacts. 

Can selection of Adaptive CC/ speed adjustment / cancelation be made easily on the move.

How do you find the use of "voice control' for say new Sat Nav directions .....phone calling etc ?

Thank you again for any guidance 

I have a 450h+ and came from a BMW.  Still learning but have no issues with the HUD.  I think the customisable buttons are what cause confusion but personally I don't find these a problem.

You can change driving modes on the move, there is a dedicated button for this.

Also no issues with Voice Control so far.

Have struggled with the paddle shifters to understand their function but that's probably just me!

Overall, very happy with the switch.

Good luck and enjoy!

HUD has worked faultlessly as far as I am concerned and is easy to view/adjust. Similarly the infotainment system has worked well linking with my phone and undertaking calls both inbound and out without issue. Adaptive CC is straightforward to use in terms of engaging and releasing.

Voice control isn't perfect - it occasionally will give me directions for home when I am requesting a phone call home - but overall the system is acceptable and hugely better than the previous 300h version.

Hope this helps?

All the best next week- where are you picking the car up from?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links