Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How to restore IS250 headlamps?

I actually did a thread on this very subject last September. Before and after photos. Didn't use a UV protector spray as I didn't have one though I had one on order from the states which didn't arrive. The final polish had some UV protectorant and I've not seen any degradation or yellowing yet since doing it. 

If you want to see look in the detailing section of the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, ahmed-abrar said:

had the work carried out yesterday & after 2 hour's of work they look as new as they can be. I've dabbled with various DIY options in the past (and failed)but  now rather pay someone who does restorations for a living to do it properly. by the way, he did use various machines, discs, 3M compounds & was finished it off with a GYEON PURE coating

How much did that cost?

On 1/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, markeyszoo said:

How much did that cost?

cost is variable but using his online quotation request form I paid £65, to be fair because the guy lives on my street I believed he charged me a bit less due to the distance to the job!

On 1/2/2023 at 4:20 PM, MartinH said:

On a trip down the A1 in north Notts recently, in dark and rain, I found the headlamps of my '07 IS250 worryingly poor. They have yellowed, of course, and I have polished them several times with a recommended product (Turtle Wax I think). But they dull again quickly. Lighting has improved a lot since that car was built, and I had wondered about replacing them with modern units. I looked at a couple of third-party products (VLAND etc), without much enthusiasm because the car has always had OEM replacement parts. Fitting new OEM headlights is very costly at Lexus main-agent price, but better lighting is one thing this car really needs to restore its all-round likeability.

What does the Owners Club hive-mind think?

If it is something you still looking into, I restored my headlights with Cerakote headlight restoration kit I got on amazon.com, it took like 3 days to get to me in Italy from the us but the results are incredible, from terrible yellow lights to perfectly clear, they give you all you need and a ceramic coating to apply for the shine and protective layer, there is some people showing it on YouTube, I will put a link to it down here so you can check it out, for the price, super bargain in my opinion, I used a couple of theme but once o tried this one there was no need to look for others, I restored 4 cars with this one for family and friends and it is a great product. Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/CERAKOTE-Ceramic-Headlight-Restoration-Kit/dp/B084RQKLV8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=9G2POGA1D3TL&keywords=cerakote%2Bheadlight%2Brestoration%2Bkit&qid=1675473946&sprefix=cerakote%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, ahmed-abrar said:

had the work carried out yesterday & after 2 hour's of work they look as new as they can be. I've dabbled with various DIY options in the past (and failed)but  now rather pay someone who does restorations for a living to do it properly. by the way, he did use various machines, discs, 3M compounds & was finished it off with a GYEON PURE coating

Hi Ahmed, can you put up a link to the company who done it or just a name and number? What sort of price did they charge?

Thanks, Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links