Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 door edge protectors

Localhero

I love my Sc but some things have to be done which serve  a purpose  rather than improve the aesthetics. Which  is why I have rim protection and mudflaps!

I have been looking for  door edge protectors for  sometime  even buying some very thin chrome strip from the states at £25 Inc p+p but due to the double curve of Sc doors nothing would work, well I have got some rubber ones which do! Not to everyone taste I agree but do the job 5 mins to fit and very cheap..yes 69p from home bargains and you get a free stainless steel dish to do what you want with20230106_153421.thumb.jpg.8796cc93095e8e30620a43f947047efc.jpg20230106_153440.thumb.jpg.977991f408f30360873c15ab01d87938.jpg👍

• Like 1

Your solution will surely give you piece of mind.  Panel edges have thin paint levels and are always prone to chipping especially on a door that is curved,  Even though my car was in great condition when I bought it there were quite a few chips on the passenger door that in strong sunlight looked awful.  My car is only used occasionally just by me so I just touched them up successfully with a Chipex kit.  I am not endorsing their product but I have used it on a couple of different cars now and have had good results. You get micro brushes in the kit which you can also buy separately elsewhere which I think helps. A cocktail stick also works well especially after you have already downed the cocktail. 

Some one will tell me why but I have never understood why base coats on cars is always white so chips and scratches stick out like a sore thumb. I  I guess it all comes down to cost,.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

"A cocktail stick also works well especially after you have already downed the cocktail. "

I am sure you are right that after several cocktails an inspection of the quality of the  finished job improves no end! 😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Some one will tell me why but I have never understood why base coats on cars is always white so chips and scratches stick out like a sore thumb. I  I guess it all comes down to cost,.

It does seem to chip back to white or grey mostly but black and red colour primers are available. 

• Like 1

Worth Considering..Stewart..I think Supermarket Car Parks put your car at serious risk of damage Therfore i always always ..No I Meant to say it twice..Park my lexus next to other Expensive cars as MOST people who own them take a Responsible Approach and Respect other peoples Pride and Joy AS Opposed To others with Hillbilly Vehicles ( The Clampets ) Don,t Give a Billy Goats Hoot whether they Bang there Car Doors of yours..Or bang it with a shopping Trolley..Just my Opinion and observation Obviously..But I Think Worth Considering...

• Like 2

What I find annoying is when at the supermarket I park in a deserted corner away from everyone.

When I return there is alway a car parked right next to mine!!!

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT 🤬

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

What I find annoying is when at the supermarket I park in a deserted corner away from everyone.

When I return there is alway a car parked right next to mine!!!

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT 🤬

What makes it worse - is that they inevitably  (of course), park alongside your offside, often quite closely, and make it darn near impossible for us to open our driver's door!

(PS - the car park in Leeds with the widest parking bays is Victoria Gate, above John Lewis!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links