Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link / Climate Control not working

In possession of the NX 350 since March 2022.  Been using Lexus Link app since then with no issues - main feature being the able to utilise the remote Climate function.  Suddenly about two weeks ago the feature stopped working, along with no longer showing the accurate mileage, fuel level, or car location.

Have tired disconnecting the profile/vehicle and re adding, reinstalling the app and still no better.

Any further ideas?

Thanks, 

4 minutes ago, rk12345 said:

In possession of the NX 350 since March 2022.  Been using Lexus Link app since then with no issues - main feature being the able to utilise the remote Climate function.  Suddenly about two weeks ago the feature stopped working, along with no longer showing the accurate mileage, fuel level, or car location.

Have tired disconnecting the profile/vehicle and re adding, reinstalling the app and still no better.

Any further ideas?

Thanks, 

Dealer has advised there is a recall issued for the vehicle to fix the issue 

The Lexus Link app is the biggest disappointment in an otherwise great car. According to the app this evening my car is 14 miles away. It only records about 1 in 4 journeys. 

On a prestige vehicle this is unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Seems that Lexus is keeping up the good work of making the worst software in the car industry.

Navigation is garbage, update does not function. When asking for card updates, they expect clients are willing to pay 200 for a simple update, when a new map on micro-SD-card can be bought online for less than 40 and all you have to do is to take the old out and put the new in.

image.thumb.png.1418b5177e7f1f1c9ddb2632a0d0a47a.png

Just wait till you no longer have free updates.

Luckily there is nothing wrong with the hardware, so I guess we'll have to live with them not wanting to hire professional people to make their software.

I had the error when trying to turn on heating remotely this morning so back to scraping the car whilst running the engine to warm up

tried the remote heating later and it worked. It seems very hit and miss so might be down to signal to the data connection being weak. 
I’ve scheduled it for tomorrow morning so we’ll see if it works that way

17 minutes ago, SA1 said:

I had the error when trying to turn on heating remotely this morning so back to scraping the car whilst running the engine to warm up

tried the remote heating later and it worked. It seems very hit and miss so might be down to signal to the data connection being weak. 
I’ve scheduled it for tomorrow morning so we’ll see if it works that way

I suggest checking the schedule when you wake up in the morning to ensure it is still active. A couple of times, my schedule has dropped out.

Data signal from my phone/app is fine, is there a way to check the signal from the car to see if that may be faulty?  

Also the app has totally stopped updating data from the car in terms of fuel level and mileage - which interestingly stopped updating the time the climate control stopped working.  Frustrating in such cold weather!  

Ok, after some experimentation I’ve found the following

initially trying to turn on remote heating receives an error

using the key, pressing the lock button to “wake up” the car and then using the app to switch on the hearing results in a success message and the car flashes the indicators showing it has received the request. All looks good but…

immediately refreshing the app to see what the current temperature is in the car seems to show that it has reached the desired temperature (it’s -3 so I doubt it!) and so it switches off straight away

I am running the latest updates on the car and the app and the remote heating has previously worked but I haven’t been successful since the most recent car OTA update

☹️

33 minutes ago, SA1 said:

Ok, after some experimentation I’ve found the following

initially trying to turn on remote heating receives an error

using the key, pressing the lock button to “wake up” the car and then using the app to switch on the hearing results in a success message and the car flashes the indicators showing it has received the request. All looks good but…

immediately refreshing the app to see what the current temperature is in the car seems to show that it has reached the desired temperature (it’s -3 so I doubt it!) and so it switches off straight away

I am running the latest updates on the car and the app and the remote heating has previously worked but I haven’t been successful since the most recent car OTA update

☹️

Perhaps crank up the temperature you want it to get to on the app and see if it stays on for longer - mine has worked fine since the latest OTA update

40 minutes ago, Mattsneaker said:

Perhaps crank up the temperature you want it to get to on the app and see if it stays on for longer - mine has worked fine since the latest OTA update

I’ll give it a go and see what happens

Mine has failed on occasion and like the issue where it says it can't sync your profile, I've put in down to the poor mobile signal I have at home and the cars built in connection. 

For those querying the current temperature that the App displays - check the last updated date. Just wondered why mine said it was 20 degrees and noticed it was last update on 15th December. I refreshed the page and it changed to 5 degrees!

• 2 weeks later...

Issue finally resolved!!  Dealer had to do a DCM Reprogramming (apparently its a Recall but not published) which takes approx 5 hours.

Also was advised to keep Smart Unlock on, although personally found this to have no bearing.  

• Thanks 3

I have had the same problem with remote heating for a while and mentioned during the last recall but they couldn't fix it without my phone presence so now I have to go back there with my phone. 

Another 50 miles round trip, happy with the car (my first Lexus) but really disappointed with software, very very unhappy and unexpected from a Japanese company! 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:04 PM, rk12345 said:

Issue finally resolved!!  Dealer had to do a DCM Reprogramming (apparently its a Recall but not published) which takes approx 5 hours.

Also was advised to keep Smart Unlock on, although personally found this to have no bearing.  

@rk12345 how has your link app been behaving since the updated DCM? Curious as I’m due a service soon and will ask for it to be done at the same time if it has worked🤞

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links