Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Registering a multimedia device (Lexus link)

CHR IS200

Hi there, first of all apologies as I'm sure this topic has been posted X amount of times!!! 

I have recently bought a 2011 ct200h, I've also just downloaded the Lexus link app, so far so good with the app, apart from when I'm trying to register my multimedia device, annoyingly I'm unsure which one I have as my screen,does not match the ones from the app, the closest one is the Lexus Premium Navigation - Generation 1, but this is still slightly different to what mine displays.

For some reason I do not have the "connected service" option in the navigation set up,so I can't move forward in trying to find the id.

Does anyone know if my multimedia device in my car can actually be registered? Is my car too old for the app ect, or can someone point me in the right direction for obtaining the id so it can be registered.

The first 4 picture's are of my device, the last is from the Lexus link app.

Many thanks 

DSC_5060.JPG

DSC_5061.JPG

DSC_5058.JPG

DSC_5059.JPG

Screenshot_20230116-154447.png

1 hour ago, CHR IS200 said:

Hi there, first of all apologies as I'm sure this topic has been posted X amount of times!!! 

I have recently bought a 2011 ct200h, I've also just downloaded the Lexus link app, so far so good with the app, apart from when I'm trying to register my multimedia device, annoyingly I'm unsure which one I have as my screen,does not match the ones from the app, the closest one is the Lexus Premium Navigation - Generation 1, but this is still slightly different to what mine displays.

For some reason I do not have the "connected service" option in the navigation set up,so I can't move forward in trying to find the id.

Does anyone know if my multimedia device in my car can actually be registered? Is my car too old for the app ect, or can someone point me in the right direction for obtaining the id so it can be registered.

The first 4 picture's are of my device, the last is from the Lexus link app.

Many thanks 

DSC_5060.JPG

DSC_5061.JPG

DSC_5058.JPG

DSC_5059.JPG

Screenshot_20230116-154447.png

I suspect the answer is no. The age of the car plus your system is not shown as a compatible system.

Later CT systems can, but it is not really worth the effort, very little is actually available from the connected services. Pretty much limited to; sent route to car; find my car; and traffic congestion warnings. All the basic functions of Lexus link work but they are not that good.

You are not missing anything.

• Like 1

Moleman and scudney, many thanks for your honest replies, you have saved me hrs of button pushing and internet searching trying to get it connected. I was thinking is it even worth doing,and apparently not, which is fine.

Really appreciate it guys 👍

• Like 1

Lexus software is so bad that a 2017 cannot either. I downloaded an update in a USB and tried installing till I got tired and left it like that till next service. Next service I was told: there is no updates. I had one on the USB: they said it is not an update, it already is in the car. So why could I download it? Because Lexus do not know if cars are updated or not.

Software no good. Hardware great. As long as software does not sho errors I think there is no - absolutely no - reason to try to update.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links