Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4RX450hL no heated seats?

Hi Everyone

So while mine is in for service I was give 21 RX450hL for the time being. It is a step up in some areas over 3RX, but there are also some downsides (the placement of Power button, which I keep kicking with my knee), and the dreaded touchpad, which is uncomfortable to use as opposed to 3RX mouse controller. Anyway, that's by the by. For the life of me I cannot find the heated seats button. On 2022 the UX300e loaner it was next to Qi charger pad, just underneath the climate controls. On my 3RX underneath armrest, on 3GS underneath armrest. On 2GS I had it in front of armrest, my LS430 had them at the front of centre console by transmission. Is it possible that RX450hL wouldn't come with heated seats as standard? I looked up the manual, and the buttons aren't where the manual says. I looked up Lexus blog press release for 2022 and looked up trims and even the basic RX trim should have heated  and memory seats. I can't find a spec sheet for 2020 facelift. Not only that, there's also no easy entry in the settings (seat moving back upon leaving the car), only steering wheel, but it has LKA and Radar Cruise Control as standard so I'm a bit puzzled in regards to standard features. I'm also surprised with the seats being very similar if not the same to my facelift 3RX. I thought they were updated? Anyway I've got it for 8 days and we'll see how I get on. Do far it's not the easiest to park with 3rd row, but on the flip side when I get my 3RX back it will probably feel small like UX.

Heated seats are in front of the gear selector. They are automatic so the first press will put them on auto

The seats are different to the 3RX

I would assume the RX450hL has the easy entry removed, likely because of the third row - you cant physically fit a human in unless theyre tiny or the 2nd row seats are moved slightly forward. Of course, this would mean if the easy entry is on the back of the front seats would hit the 2nd row seats or crush the legs of whoever is sitting there.

• Like 1

No buttons in front of gear lever. Just a hole for coins or something. And another one a bit more narrow next to it. Just P and Hold in front of gear lever and QI charger further down. I've looked up manual, and heated seats should be in front of gear lever like you said. 20230117_132655.thumb.jpg.f402fa42a7759a7ec34e3b35ad2359ab.jpg

• Confused 1

It looks to be the base version of the 450hL. The heated seat controls should be next to the P button as below. 

48e5df15e4c343228c7044b997923f7e.jpg

This image is from a 450hL with premium pack. As far as I can see on the used market, the facelift 450hL all seem to have the heated seat controls there if they have the premium pack, or are of Takumi / Premium Sport trim. 

I havent come across the base version on the used market.

• Thanks 1

It is just a loaner anyway, but to be honest I'm shocked as I never came across a Lexus without heated seats, but then again I've only had 2/3GS, LS430, UX300e and 3RX. There's radar cruise control, LKA, 3 way climate zone, kick boot opener, and all other creature comforts but not heated seats. Looking at 2019 spec sheet for RX/RXL they did come with heated seats in base RX trim so maybe it was an option after 2020 facelift, or 2019 pre-facelift was revised after new 4th gen launch in 2016, and 2016 models didn't come with heated seats as standard either. 

20230118_105636.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links