Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gap insurance

Has anyone thought of taking gap insurance other than from the dealership? 

Saw an article saying that you can save approx 285 pounds if taken from another provider when compared to dealership prices.

you can generally get all types of insurance cheeper  through a third party than the main dealers (Gap, tyre, wheel, small dents and scratches ) but  my advice would to be read and compare the small print,

• Like 2

I read the same too and considered 4 companies (in Aug 22). Motor Easy and Gap Insurance both asked too many questions when trying to get an online quote so I didn't go any further. Direct Gap wanted £399 and Ala £395, both for 4 years cover. I went with Ala, not for the £4 saving but because they had more positive customer service reviews.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I read the same too and considered 4 companies (in Aug 22). Motor Easy and Gap Insurance both asked too many questions when trying to get an online quote so I didn't go any further. Direct Gap wanted £399 and Ala £395, both for 4 years cover. I went with Ala, not for the £4 saving but because they had more positive customer service reviews.

yes research is key, how's the NX going Malcolm, its on my retirement list in around 18 months time the LC will be completely in practicable  for my retirement needs, , any issues or regrets?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Thanks, that's good to hear, did the dealership give any quotes?Just forward thinking as my car is still in the processing stage.

2 hours ago, Escanor said:

Thanks, that's good to hear, did the dealership give any quotes?Just forward thinking as my car is still in the processing stage.

The dealer did send me information about Lexus' Total asset protection (gap) insurance. I can't find the details; I think it was around £450, but for only 3 years cover. With Ala, I have 4 years cover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wendle said:

yes research is key, how's the NX going Malcolm, its on my retirement list in around 18 months time the LC will be completely in practicable  for my retirement needs, , any issues or regrets?

My NX is going great thanks Chris. I haven't had the problems with the App that some have experienced (location always appears spot on, as does the record of journeys for example) but that isn't to say that the App doesn't need work, it does. However, the App is secondary to the vehicle, it's comfort and the way it drives. I am disappointed with the poor turning circle and some of the winter problems should have been sorted during design and testing (there are a couple of threads running on these issues). Some of the bells & whistles and so-called safety features are of dubious value; simplicity is a great safety feature often overlooked and I much prefer driving with awareness rather than abdicating this responsibility by handing some of this over to the car as I fear it leads to complacency (hopeful not in me but I can see it happening).

Enough of the negatives. The car is fantastic to drive. Not only is it quiet and refined but it also goes round corners better than many Japanese vehicles in the past. The engine/transmission is engineering art, beautiful. I believe any car purchase should be for a vehicle that suits your needs; journalists impressions (or mine!) are secondary. To that end, the NX450h+ suits me very well and is a far better choice for me than a BEV (especially after reading the "Research shows it costs more to run an EV on long journeys" thread currently running in the Lexus General Discussions forum). I can get to and from work on electric only but still have the ability to the travel long distances I undertake several times a year without worrying about range anxiety. If my circumstances were different, a different vehicle might suit me better but, for now, I love my NX and rate it 9/10. Once the App is improved and with improvements to the multimedia software, I can see this rising to 9.5/10.

• Like 3

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan. 

On 1/18/2023 at 3:50 PM, Harrier Man said:

My NX is going great thanks Chris. I haven't had the problems with the App that some have experienced (location always appears spot on, as does the record of journeys for example) but that isn't to say that the App doesn't need work, it does. However, the App is secondary to the vehicle, it's comfort and the way it drives. I am disappointed with the poor turning circle and some of the winter problems should have been sorted during design and testing (there are a couple of threads running on these issues). Some of the bells & whistles and so-called safety features are of dubious value; simplicity is a great safety feature often overlooked and I much prefer driving with awareness rather than abdicating this responsibility by handing some of this over to the car as I fear it leads to complacency (hopeful not in me but I can see it happening).

Enough of the negatives. The car is fantastic to drive. Not only is it quiet and refined but it also goes round corners better than many Japanese vehicles in the past. The engine/transmission is engineering art, beautiful. I believe any car purchase should be for a vehicle that suits your needs; journalists impressions (or mine!) are secondary. To that end, the NX450h+ suits me very well and is a far better choice for me than a BEV (especially after reading the "Research shows it costs more to run an EV on long journeys" thread currently running in the Lexus General Discussions forum). I can get to and from work on electric only but still have the ability to the travel long distances I undertake several times a year without worrying about range anxiety. If my circumstances were different, a different vehicle might suit me better but, for now, I love my NX and rate it 9/10. Once the App is improved and with improvements to the multimedia software, I can see this rising to 9.5/10.

My problems with the app are ongoing.Completed  8 individual journeys today and it only recorded 2. According to the app my car is now 14 miles away!!! Very disappointing.

19 hours ago, Addh said:

I paid £128 for 3 year total loss gap insurance with ALA for a lease car 

I checked ALA yesterday - they do seem to be the cheapest.  In case people use them, I got a quote and then left the site - they mailed me a 5% off voucher.  I then took another look and left the site again and they mailed me a 10% off voucher.  Brings the 3 year total loss gap insurance for my lease car down to just over £100.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links