Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New brake pad recommendations - (a story!)

On 1/24/2024 at 11:47 PM, Jgtcracer said:

Initially tried just the fronts but looked a bit ‘nose down’.  Interestingly it did rub more like that too on occasion.    Dropping all 4 corners cured any rubbing so don’t tend to have issues at all…

Occasionally a particularly big speed bump or large lump in the road may make a very light rub but I do have spacers also so the offset of the wheel may bring it a tad closer to the arch liner.

I wouldn’t consider it an issue so if that’s your only concern just do it.

One thing to consider on an AVS car is that the electrical connection to the damper is through the top damper nut and it’s delicate.  Need a ring spanner with an offset to tighten properly.

Good to hear, thanks @Jgtcracer. I will investigate a little more - I am just slightly concerned it will scrape on underground car parks and keen to avoid that 

3 hours ago, RCF Fan said:

Good to hear, thanks @Jgtcracer. I will investigate a little more - I am just slightly concerned it will scrape on underground car parks and keen to avoid that 

I personally haven't noticed any issues with carparks.....

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links