Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RZ 450 delivery

23 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

I won’t take the car without a test drive. When I placed the order and parted with £500 I told them it would have to as easy to get in and out off as my Range Rover Velar and that the cost to change would be reasonable. 

I have spent some time with the RX this afternoon, primarily to look at the infotainment system, which is shared with the RZ. To be honest, I was underwhelmed with it, compared to my Evoque Pivi Pro.

I was told that the RZ seating level is roughly the same height as the RX, which I would say is a fraction lower than my Evoque.  

The RZ is far from a done deal at the moment.

Nor for me. Have you received an email confirming your car is built yet ?

My dilemma is every time I think I may stick with my 2 year old Velar P400e something (mostly software) goes wrong and I don’t have faith in keeping the car even with full warranty. 
Best car I have ever owned (I’ve had 12 from new) was a Lexus GS 450h back in 2008. Only car I have kept for 3 years - was like brand new when I sold it on. It had a very very small boot but went like a rocket compared to other exec cars in the day - in those days they sold the hybrid more for performance than fuel efficiency. 

14 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Nor for me. Have you received an email confirming your car is built yet ?

No not yet. I am a cash buyer and my Evoque is two years old, and I usually change every three years. I see that availability for the Model 3 and Mach E is very good........

One of the reasons for considering changing is the current high residual on my Velar. It’s 2 years old next month and WeBuy are offering £ 9k less than I paid - £ 375 / month depreciation on a £ 72k car seems really good. If I manage to secure a discount on the RZ I can swop for about £ 10k and get 10 years full warranty. JLR warranty is I believe about £ 1,200 a year initially then goes up quite a bit. 
I just can’t see me getting used to with a Tesla with no head up display or speedo directly in sight. Tesla recently trashed residuals by very publicly discounting new cars. Other marques may give you a discount but not publish a 10% discount and really pi** off everyone about to receive a car that they will pay 10% more for !

17 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

One of the reasons for considering changing is the current high residual on my Velar. It’s 2 years old next month and WeBuy are offering £ 9k less than I paid - £ 375 / month depreciation on a £ 72k car seems really good.

Same here. Paid £47000 (after £4500 discount) 25 months ago for my Evoque. Carwow are currently offering £46200 for the car. Incredible, but I have all the tech which is hard to get currently. 

Anyway, Ford Mustang Mache E test drive tomorrow, Nissan Ariya later in the week. Both well equipped, but I doubt that they will feel very "premium".  

@Whoever
@wivenhoe

If you are considering other brands then how about a Genesis Electrified GV70? We have owned a Lexus for 12 years and we still have our GSF. However we recently replaced our RX 450h with a Genesis Electrified GV70. 

We were interested in the RZ450e but we needed a BEV before April 23 so that was unfortunately not going to happen. 

We ordered the Electrified GV70 at the end of Oct 22 and it was delivered about a month early at the start of March 23. However, they have a range of vehicles which are available in 2 weeks if you are luckily enough to find one to your spec. 

It was a massive departure for a Lexus Fanboy, as myself but it’s been fantastic. We get a real 220 miles per charge on the 20 inch wheels, under the current weather conditions and driving it like a normal petrol car. Built quality is very good, all the tech is there and the interior is a lovely place to spend time in, very premium. Plus its rapid! 

Customer service has been on point too and it comes with 5 years of warranty, servicing, updates & breakdown cover. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whoever said:

Same here. Paid £47000 (after £4500 discount) 25 months ago for my Evoque. Carwow are currently offering £46200 for the car. Incredible, but I have all the tech which is hard to get currently. 

Anyway, Ford Mustang Mache E test drive tomorrow, Nissan Ariya later in the week. Both well equipped, but I doubt that they will feel very "premium".  

I just checked on CarWow and it was £5k more than WeBuy !  Any idea how accurate the estimates are compared with actual offers ? 
Good luck with the test drives. I looked into the Genesis but a bit like Tesla, I was nervous about a lack of service centres IF something goes wrong. 

14 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Any idea how accurate the estimates are compared with actual offers ? 

No, not really, but when selling my car two years ago, a private buyer matched the quote from WBAC, the highest at that time.

WBAC will knock at least £500 off immediately on inspection - they can find the smallest blemishes!. Have a look at Motorway (often the best quote.)

These quotes are a good bargaining point with dealers regarding trade-in prices. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sat at Lexus Guildford this morning waiting on the wifes NX to be serviced, always have a walk around to see what is lurking in the back corners. A silver exterior with a very posh blue-ish/ grey interior RZ is sat over the back in its wrapping, I wonder if it will be their demonstrator? The Silver isn't for me, but that interior is rather sexy.

Wife's NX comes to the end of its finance later this year and it will either be an RX or RZ from Lexus or as @F.A. mentioned the GV70 from Genesis!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 11:18 AM, Whoever said:

No, not really, but when selling my car two years ago, a private buyer matched the quote from WBAC, the highest at that time.

WBAC will knock at least £500 off immediately on inspection - they can find the smallest blemishes!. Have a look at Motorway (often the best quote.)

These quotes are a good bargaining point with dealers regarding trade-in prices. 

Thanks for the tip - WeBuy were £ 60k, Motorway indicated £ 64k. I gave the dealer the Motorway price and they confirmed £62 px so I went with that - no hassle outcome. I am getting 89% of what I paid 2 years ago so a good trade really. 
I had a test drive yesterday (see my other post if interested) and amazingly my car was at the dealers as it came on the same ship and transporter as the demo !

4 hours ago, Whoever said:

Glad it worked. I will be trying the same strategy in  the next couple of hours!

Well that didn't work! Back later with test drives views.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links