Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric charging for 450h

I’ve got SyncEV charger, untethered, chosen because it was the smallest available and I wanted to put it on a low brick fence.

I don’t subscribe to any special EV electricity plans as they mean higher chargers during the day, as a result as I don’t care what time I charge, I just do it occasionally in the morning while having a breakfast or before travelling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Serguei said:

I’ve got SyncEV charger, untethered, chosen because it was the smallest available and I wanted to put it on a low brick fence.

I don’t subscribe to any special EV electricity plans as they mean higher chargers during the day, as a result as I don’t care what time I charge, I just do it occasionally in the morning while having a breakfast or before travelling.

That’s where a home Battery comes in. Charge it in the off peak window at 7.5p at the same time as the car is charging. Use the stored energy to power the house all day at the off peak rate. You are using the Battery to time shift so you use no (or barely any) peak rate electricity.

With solar too, aside from Nov-Feb you can generally charge the Battery from that, in a few weeks I will be switching from charging the Battery at night on off peak to just filling it with solar.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jim1977 said:

in a few weeks I will be switching from charging the battery at night on off peak to just filling it with solar.

If you are on Octopus Intelligent Go tariff then continue to fill it 7.5p overnight and get 15p export for your solar.

• Like 2

My car is in the garage and it is quite convenient to just use the 3 pin cable. I generally use it as a "top up" which only takes a couple of hours.

My main "fuse box" is not easy to get to therefore I am not looking at a fast charger for now.

Like you my fuse box wasn't suitably placed so a secondary distribution board was created adjacent to the main switch and meter. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links