Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300h (and probably Mk 4 GS450h) recall

Lexus recall.

My car went in on Thursday and the fuel tank vent tube assembly was replaced although there was no issues with the original one. Lexus Liverpool also carried out a vehicle safety inspection and issued me with a report. They also to my surprise topped up the fuel tank to half full (less than quarter full when I took the car in). ALL IN ALL excellent five star service and all free of charge. 

Interesting, I emailed my local dealer in France to ask about the recall, did not hold out much hope as the car is English and had been re-registered in France. They got straight back and said they had checked the French website and  yes it was due for a recall and booked it in for the end of March. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to calling my local Lexus Hatfield dealer today & was told the part is on backorder & they will call when its available to book me in with a CT/UX loaner for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I was booked in for Monday 20th. As I've been hearing that the parts are not available - currently on back order - I called to see where we are. Nope - no parts.

They'll call to refix, they say. How shambolic - you would have thought they would know how many part sets were required when they started this.

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 10:12 AM, johnatg said:

I've received a recall letter from Lexus this morning. It refers to the 'Fuel tank vent tube assembly', which is attached to the fuel tank by a flange. This flange can potentially develop a stress-related crack which could lead to the possibility of a fuel leak and a potential fire. So they're replacing the flange.

For your interest, pic of the relevant part from the removal procedure attached. I guess it's the big circular thing which is removed from the tank with the SST.

I don't know what production dates are involved  - only that mine is affected.

I'm not using the car much at the moment, so I'll need to wait a bit until my fuel level is down - they want it presented with less than 1/4 tank

Fuel tank vent tube assembly.jpg

Thanks for letting me know didn’t know about the 1/4 tank fuel as I always make an effort to keep my tank at maximum and would of been near max had I brought it in for the same recall issue. 

• 2 months later...

After hearing nothing since March and starting to wonder if I would ever get a call back...

I was driving past Hatfield earlier today after taking my 2 year old on his birthday to Paradise wildlife park so called in & they said they had just had a delivery of the part so its all booked in for 14th Aug drop off in the morning and take a loaner car drop back later that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped my car off this morning & got given a birds car not driving FWD in quite some time (10years+) & it was a bit wet out here & the wheels were slipping under power.

Still it was my first ever experience of a hybrid or electric vehicle.

DSC_1262.JPG

Great service today from Lexus Hatfield the work was carried out by 12pm & I was called to say the car was ready for collection & when I came to collect at 16:30 they had put in 20 litres of free fuel as a thank you from Toyota for any inconvenience.

They gave my car the once over & found no faults.

As the the loaner car is was great for what it was but made me appreciate my ML sound system when I got my car back.

Pretty quick & quiet I'm not sure why cvt gearboxes get so much hate it felt great to me & I could fit in our buggy easy so the mrs liked it too.

Was getting about 44mpg.

Maybe a GS450H face lift will be on the cards next or even a ES300H.

DSC_1263.JPG

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links