Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

Other Makes

What Car March 23 ran an interesting comparison article on the range difference between summer and winter for BEVs. Two things jumped out to me:

Actual range achieved in July last year and this January was an average of 18% lower for the 3 vehicles on test due to the colder weather.

There was a big difference between the claimed official range and the actual range achieved in January. This varied from a shortfall of 16.4% (Nissan Ariya) to 32.8% (Ora Funky Cat - yes that's a real car!).

I'm convinced that good design and solid engineering makes a big difference to real world results and hence the enjoyment and satisfaction one gets from their vehicle.

• Like 1

Slightly better with aircon figures tonight of 50/48.4.

Last night's 48.1 range gave an actual of 40 miles today which included over 20 miles of motorway travel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been away for a few weeks (7 in fact)

On return car was ok. I left it with 85% on EV Battery and it was same on return.

Put it on charge this afternoon since sun was shining on my PV panels.

Fully charged and I’m now showing 43.4/40.3

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, Ken R said:

Tonight's recharge 51.4/49.4. Marginally better than last charge.

That's mighty impressive. 41.5/38.8 here with car saying an average of 2.8kw/m.

Is there somewhere either on the app or in the car you can see exactly how much Kw you have put in for your last charge?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 450h123 said:

Is there somewhere either on the app or in the car you can see exactly how much Kw you have put in for your last charge?

Nothing on the car or app that I am aware of.

I have and use a 7.5 kw OHME home charger. The app shows quite a number of stats including how much Kw per charge at any one time and cost per charge based on my current providers tariff.

On most charges the car needs approx 15 Kw from zero [zero figure including the 30% already show on the display]] to 100%.

So if you multiply your current energy provider Kw/Hr tariff by 15 [assuming empty battery] then that will give you a approx cost per charge.

Hope this is of some help.

1 hour ago, 450h123 said:

That's mighty impressive. 41.5/38.8 here with car saying an average of 2.8kw/m.

I have a Hive home charger and the KwH input is recorded on the Hive app. Also shows the cost based upon the current tariff.

5 hours ago, 450h123 said:

I have an Easee 7kw charger which is linked to the Hive app but also has its own app. Both apps show the amount of KWh added each charge and the cost based upon my tariff. This can be seen for either each charge, month to date, month etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links