Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android Auto on Lexus NX 2018

Kv_pat

Hi, Recently purchased a Lexus NX 300h 2018 registered car. I am trying to use the Android Auto on my car so I can connect my phone to access Waze and other apps. I can see it is there available in Setup along with apple carplay and Lexus online, and i can select it, but it won't let me connect. Any suggestions please would be appreciated? Thanks 🙂

20230129_194232.jpg

20230129_194304.jpg

1 minute ago, Kv_pat said:

Hi, Recently purchased a Lexus NX 300h 2018 registered car. I am trying to use the Android Auto on my car so I can connect my phone to access Waze and other apps. I can see it is there available in Setup along with Apple carplay and Lexus online, and i can select it, but it won't let me connect. Any suggestions please would be appreciated? Thanks 🙂

20230129_194232.jpg

20230129_194304.jpg

Just checking the phone is plugged in on usb as AA is wired on MM19 systems.

Pail

I couldn't get my 2020 RC to successfully run android auto.I spent ages trying Lexus and Motorola,but got nowhere with a cable connection and each blamed the other.

I then tried a Carlinkit wireless dongle,but again it didn't work.They were absolutely useless so returned to them for a refund.Even that was a struggle....avoid them at all costs.

I then bought an AAWIRELESS dongle and success within seconds.Highly recommended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidCM said:

I couldn't get my 2020 RC to successfully run android auto.I spent ages trying Lexus and Motorola,but got nowhere with a cable connection and each blamed the other.

I'll repeat...

@Kv_pat It looks like you have the set-up correct on the car's head-unit so I'm thinking that the problem may lie with the phone.

What model of smartphone are you using to connect to the car? Is it running the latest Android operating system and the current version of the Android Auto app? What errors\messages are you seeing on the phone when you try to connect to the car? Have you tried connecting the phone to another Android Auto-enabled car?

On 1/29/2023 at 8:59 PM, DavidCM said:

I then bought an AAWIRELESS dongle and success within seconds.Highly recommended.

I'll second that. AAWireless works flawlessly.

• Like 1

Hi 

Thanks for your advise so far, really appreciate it. I have managed to get Android Auto on my screen when it is connected with USB cable( I think it wasn't connecting earlier because of faulty cable), but it disconnects when I remove the cable. It won't work wireless. 

Only thing is I can see my phone apps specially Waze and Spotify on the Lexus screen when connected to cable. 

@Andy BI am using Samsung S21, so I would expect it to have latest operating system. 

IMG-20230201-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230201-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230201-WA0010.jpg

So Android Auto works when you connect the phone to the car via a cable? If so then that is good and is all that Lexus offers with regards to Android Auto functionality as your car's head-unit does not support wireless AA.

The only way to achieve something very similar to wireless is to purchase the AAWireless dongle (or something similar like the Motorola MA1) as suggested by others on here. I used it in my 2018 NX and it was perfect. Basically the dongle is plugged into the car's USB port. Your phone then connects to the dongle wirelessly (so no need to plug the phone in every journey). 

On 1/31/2023 at 12:34 PM, Mincey said:

I'll second that. AAWireless works flawlessly.

I noticed this week that a most excellent fix has been applied. Previously, it would cut out whenever I approached the local railway station or passed Bretts Transport on the A47 near Guyhirn. Now there is no break up at all. Well done you AAWireless people!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links