Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommend Techstream supplier

Looking for a Techstream software to see what options are available.

- Which version is compatible with the LEXUS IS300H 2014>

- How much does the software retail for & what hardware is required?

For example explore options put the windows down with the remote. Reprogramme TYRE pressure sensors etc

Thanks

I bought this from amazon but read my review comments first as it was a fiddle to get working. You can change most settings with it, for example I bought it specifically to increase the volume of the turn signal clicks, as factory setting was a bit low for my liking. Keep in mind the seller might not be the same, so the cable might not be the same. My original seller was called "Boutique-Mister-Express" and shipped from France.

Generatic OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool, Mini VCI J2534 Code Reader Cable for Techstream https://amzn.eu/d/d4ZWWjG

• Thanks 1

as malcolm said try carista,

i've had carista for many years now its helped me get out of some tricky situations

before you buy the elm327 adapter ask the seller if it works with carista as not all do

the ones that normally work have 2 pcb's in them and not just 1.

i've changed the window setting for the remote

changed the reverse beep to one beep

turned off the front seat belt dings

cleared the popup bonnet failure message (paramedic rolled back into me)

cleared hybrid errors (after swerving agressively to avoid being hit side on the message appeared)

pre collision warnings (after swerving agressively to avoid being hit side on the message appeared)

and its all very simple and user friendly.

• Thanks 1

I bought the Carista OBD Bluetooth adapter from amazon and it works fine with my IS 300h. Works with the Carista app on my Android phone. It also came with a time limited access to all the functionality (for example changing the customizable features on the car) when I got mine. 

On 2/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, IS300FSPORT said:

Looking for a Techstream software to see what options are available.

- Which version is compatible with the LEXUS IS300H 2014>

- How much does the software retail for & what hardware is required?

For example explore options put the windows down with the remote. Reprogramme TYRE pressure sensors etc

Basically the only legitimate way of getting Techstream is to pay something like £20/week for Toyota TIS subscription and they as well charge ~£1200 for the adapter. 

The Techstream you see on amazon or eBay for is pirated versions and the whole set-up costs ~£100 + PC. The PC required to run Techstream really does not need to be very powerful, I use very old Microsoft Surface 3 tablet, so in simple terms any used £100 laptop will do. The more tricky part is getting drivers set-up, especially on Windows 10 (works better on XP, but you really don't want to be using XP nowadays and I would say W10 should be minimum), but it is doable if you persistent enough. Again I run it on aforementioned Windows tablet which didn't come with W10 and didn't suppose to use W10, yet it runs both Techstream and W10. 

There is no comparison between Carista and Techstream, one is just OBD2 scanner, another is dealership level diagnostics and configuration. Carista has like 10% of functionality compared to Techstream. It really depends what you want to do - if you just want to scan high level diagnostics codes and vehicle parameters like engine temp and RPM, then Carista will do it... so does £5 OBD2 adapter with something like Torque app on the phone. However if you want proper detailed diagnostics info from ECU, or if you want to configure certain functions then you need Techstream. Yes Carista sometimes have some configuration available (vehicle dependant) but it is nothing compared to Techstream. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links