Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Just wondering really, are the heated seats in the LS460 a bit, well, crap? Mine get warm, but certainly not hot. I wondered whether it was just the driver's one so stuck the passenger one on and then sat in that after some time and again, it's warm, but certainly not as hot as many other cars. Just curious if that's the norm?

Thanks in advance.

Lexus heated seats are not the best

They takes ages to warm up and the heated pads are not very well placed. However on long drives in my 430 I do have to turn them down as they do get too warm (eventually)

However there has been some issue with relays where the seats gets switched off before reaching temperature - you might want to look into this

I would say they for sure do not set your bum on fire like your average Merc or BMW seems to, but I do find I can keep them on for a long time on cold mornings and feel nicely warmed by the tine I get to work.

First thing on a really cold morning an LS on your rear is a shock, but my view is back in the 70's my Renault had no seat heaters and I lived to tell the tale.

Personally I would like heated windscreens as standard.

Why would you want a hot heated seat? Warm is exactly what is needed in the UK climate and in really cold climates anybody with any sense fits fabric seat covers.
If you are cold then you need to get your car heating system examined as it's probably not warming up quickly enough (dodgy thermostat?).
My better half loves the heated seat so the passenger side gets used regularly.
The drivers side has been used maybe twice in 5 years. If I want to feel like I've p!ssed my pants,..... I'll p!ss my pants 🤣

I have heated grips on one of my motorcycles and they can be set so hot that you burn your fingers even with winter (thick) gloves on.
I've never seen the point of that as once the ambient temperature gets close to freezing, the bike gets parked.
I've ridden on snow and ice and crashed on both and now choose the car instead.
I used to have a set of heated clothing back when motorcycles were my only form of transport, and those never got "hot" either, but they were adequate down to -20C the one time I got caught in a "beast from the east" blizzard in southern Germany.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TyrannosauRoss Lex said:

Maybe it's not occurred to you that some people feel the cold more than others? Maybe some people want a warmer seat than others? My heating system works fine, but I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the seats 🙂

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I fully understand that others feel the cold way more than me. I'm very fat and even before I got fat I rarely felt the cold.

On my LS430 if you set the seat to maximum heating, about 45 secs later it is too hot for me to sit on, but Ella will quite happily sit on it for about 10 mins before she has to turn it down.
They don't feel any more or less powerful than the heaters in my S-Class, and are definitely more powerful than those in the 1998 Honda Legends I had.
The front seat heating (I haven't tested the rears) works well, but the cooling effect was minimal, even before my air-con packed up.
The cooling was however enough to change a blistering hot seat to a tolerable seat in under 2 minutes after the car had sat in direct sunlight on a very hot day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links