Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok if used indoors to keep dust and bird *hit off but will mess up the paintwork if used outdoors especially were it is windy,the fabric abrades the parts it touches .

depending on the material they can produce static electricity which can cause  electrical gremlins in the various electronic modules in the car.

• Like 1

I bought one like this (for a smaller car):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dripex-Waterproof-Weather-Protection-Automobiles/dp/B07JRG7X6H/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3L7CZYSFCUUCL&keywords=car+cover+waterproof&qid=1677070310&sprefix=car+cover%2Caps%2C290&sr=8-6

It's generally okay and seems pretty much waterproof.  But you can forget about the clips attached to the bottom - even if you can be bothered to crawl underneath to clip one part to the other, they won't secure the cover in a strong wind.  In my experience, the only thing that works is a collection of elasticated straps with hooks on the end, but they'll pierce the fabric if you're not careful.  The other thing that hadn't occurred to me beforehand is: what do you do with a large, wet car cover when you take it off?  The water immediately transfers to the paintwork of the car, and then you have to try to dry the cover somewhere - not easy when it's so big and heavy.  Less of a problem in the summer, as long as you have an outdoor drying area.  But mostly you end up putting a wet, dirty cover back on the car.

Daniel, on balance I don't regret buying a cover for my small car, but it seems like they cause the most hassle at the time when you most need them, i.e. wet weather.  Still useful to protect the car from dust, seagull poo (especially round here) etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, I bought a Halfords all seasons cover 3 months ago, as my LS400 had water ingress into boot and I needed to keep it dry, while I was travelling abroad. It did the job (and is a heavy cover) high winds caused it to lift off and set the alarm off a few times.  So I applied a load of bungees, which help a bit. It did keep the car dry but it is a pain to keep the inside of the cover clean when you take it off and there is condensation.

• Like 1

Exactly.  You end up putting dirt/moisture back onto the paint.  But if you have a leak of some kind, there's no alternative to a cover.  Bungees essential though!  I usually buy a set from Aldi when they have them in the middle aisle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links