Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus supplied & fitted Dash cams?

50 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Front and rear....has anyone fitted them?  any good? any rattles in the car after installation? Did you get a discount from the dealership....? Thanks guys!

Hello

No rattles, not huge discount really, haven't needed it yet, when I loaded some video when testing it, it looked good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Front and rear....has anyone fitted them?  any good? any rattles in the car after installation? Did you get a discount from the dealership....? Thanks guys!

No rattles from front or rear, could have got a discount but didn't think of it in time. See:

• Thanks 1

Overpriced for what it is and as for fitting, it's an easy DIY job or if you really don't want to DIY, any auto electrician or car hifi installer will do a great job for half the price.

Have a look at this:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

No rattles from front or rear, could have got a discount but didn't think of it in time. See:

Thanks so much @Mincey ! I have read the first page of the thread and I'm now pretty sure I'm gonna book myself in with the local lexus dealership to have it fitted. Shall remember to mention a forum discount.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Overpriced for what it is and as for fitting, it's an easy DIY job or if you really don't want to DIY, any auto electrician or car hifi installer will do a great job for half the price.

Have a look at this:

Umh, that's interesting..... truth is I'm not a tech expert (at least not this type of tech) and have little to compare against. But basically what he's saying in the vid is that they aren't all that great overall.... passable but not great.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Have a look at this:

A fair point Herbie but I'm a tired old Hector and I'd rather leave that complicated stuff to someone else. Having read horror stories of cars catching fire after Halfords fitted dashcams, I felt more comfortable letting Lexus fit the cameras even if it cost more. Had anything gone wrong...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links