Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just bought a 10 year old LS400 :)

Unfortunately the clock and temperature lcd display is not visible unless you move your head almost underneath the steering wheel. All bulbs have been renewed. I Suspect that one of the crystals has split, giving a dark watery look to the display.

My local LEXUS Dealer kindly offered to replace the unit on condition that I part with a further £800·00 plus 17·5% VALUE added TAX, and £35·00per hour labour.

After a reasonable amount of coughing, spluttering, and calling for paramedics with the defibulator I departed the premises with the usual excuse (not the cheque will be in the post).

Does anyone know of an alternative or where one can be obtained (legally) or sourced without the extortionate charges my LOCAL LEXUS DEALER is trying to screw out of me.

Please help a new (SKINT) LEXUS owner & club member.

Will comment on Owners Club Site after a few weeks experience. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Administrator

welcome to the club Jimbo-6! :)

Are your dials the illuminated neon needles?

or is it the actual bulbs behind display?

I have heard these are expensive...

:?: Sorry for the delay in replying but I have just got my machine back together.

I was looking at the site from my office!

The unit has bulbs behind it, but they were checked by my Lexus dealer in Edinburgh. That's when they told me a new unit was £800·00 + + +. I was not a happy chappy when they told me. Only other sort of hope is that I can find a rear ended write off, and get the clock from that.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by helio

Hi,

Jimbo.. I have seen a guy offering to refurb the time clocks lcd on ls400's. Go to ebay.com and search lexus...

He claims approx 300 dollars.

Trust this helps

Phil

Thanks Helio,

As it transpires and after browbeating and threatening to kneecap my local dealer (EDINBURGH, STILL NO DISCOUNTS :(), we came to the conclusion that the £800·00+ unit was not required as it was only the LCD panel which was faulty. This could be easily resolved by purchasing a new facia panel, this also includes the Air Con control buttons, and an absolute bargain at a mere £358·00+. This was duly purchased and fitted by myself in 10 minutes. Dealer wanted car for a day as they had never exchanged one, so they did not know how long it would take.

NOTE TO ALL:- This part was NOT on the micro-fische, it was only located by contacting Lexus Head Office! How many other parts are only available via a call to Head Office??? :flaming::mad:

Thanks Again

Jimbo-6

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Jimbo.. I have seen a guy offering to refurb the time clocks lcd on ls400's. Go to ebay.com and search lexus...

Trust this helps

Phil

Thanks Helio,

As it transpires and after browbeating and threatening to kneecap my local dealer (EDINBURGH, STILL NO DISCOUNTS :(), we came to the conclusion that the £800·00+ unit was not required as it was only the LCD panel which was faulty. This could be easily resolved by purchasing a new facia panel, this also includes the Air Con control buttons, and an absolute bargain at a mere £358·00+. This was duly purchased and fitted by myself in 10 minutes. Dealer wanted car for a day as they had never exchanged one, so they did not know how long it would take.

NOTE TO ALL:- This part was NOT on the micro-fische, it was only located by contacting Lexus Head Office! How many other parts are only available via a call to Head Office??? :flaming::mad:

Thanks Again

Jimbo-6

Wow-I have just brought a 15 year old LS 400 with the same problem-OOPS!!!

There must surely be a cheaper alternative...

Anyone any further ideas on this common problem-- pleeaseee ;-(

Hi,

Trust this helps

Phil

Thanks Helio,

Thanks Again

Jimbo-6

I'Ve just posted my pleasure at having the problem resolved. Contact Chris Vince via e-mail chrisvince@btopenworld.com and he will fix it for 200 pounds.

Cheers. Carlo

Hi,

Trust this helps

Phil

Thanks Helio,

Thanks Again

Jimbo-6

I'Ve just posted my pleasure at having the problem resolved. Contact Chris Vince via e-mail chrisvince@btopenworld.com and he will fix it for 200 pounds.

Cheers. Carlo

Thats quite right Carlo I repair Mk1 and Mk2 cars and have fixed quite a few members cars give me an email and I'll send you details.

Regards,

Chris Vince

Hi,

Trust this helps

Phil

Thanks Helio,

Thanks Again

Jimbo-6

Cheers. Carlo

Go to eBay and look up this item number 7960403157

Hi,

Trust this helps

Phil

Thanks Helio,

Thanks Again

Jimbo-6

Cheers. Carlo

Go to eBay and look up this item number 7960403157

Many thanks hotspace that listing is mine

Chris Vince

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links