Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fog lights or no fog lights?

zoricib

44 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Do you really need front fog lights? My IS300h had the 3 LED option. I can't remember driving it in fog, but Betsy has a similar setup with no fog lights and we've never had any issues.

They're not a must have James, but they are a very useful accessory, more especially to those of us with less modern accoutrements 😉.

12 hours ago, Mincey said:

Do you really need front fog lights? My IS300h had the 3 LED option. I can't remember driving it in fog, but Betsy has a similar setup with no fog lights and we've never had any issues.

Not really, that's why only the rear one is compulsory i guess..... I just think it would be a nice to have, given the price of the car. But yeah I can survive without. 

In 22 years of driving I can count on 1 hand the amount of times visibility was so dangerously low that rear fog lights were needed for safety so you dont get rear ended & out of all the cars I've owned with front fog lamps only 1 was any good, a Toyota Altezza rs200 which had factory fitted yellow fog lamps, all the rest of the cars I've had with them were too dim or just made no real difference. 

Anyway the worst offenders are the drivers who turn the rear fog on because its a bit hazy outside & then forget to turn it off for days after.

• Like 1

I remember when I first started driving some 20 years ago, one of my biggest motoring 'pet peeves' were people driving around with their front fog lights on for no apparent reason. I'm assuming it was a 'fad' as whilst I still see it from time to time, it doesn't seem to be quite as prevalent as it used to be. Either that or I've got so used to it, that it no longer registers.

I can honestly say that on all the cars I've had front fog lights, I've literally used the switch/button to make sure I know where they are and that they work on purchase and...that's almost it. I think I can still count on one hand the amount of times I've actually felt the weather conditions have warranted the need to use them whilst driving. Not for my own benefit as I don't really see any, it's mainly so others stand a better chance.

Oh yes - people who drive around with their rear fog lights on for a day or more after some fog. That seems to be quite a common one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links