Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2020 windscreen

It might be just me. But, has anyone else have the issue of the windscreen glass being very prone to scratching?

I've had to book mine in for a new one just after 2.5 years of ownership, from new, with less than 16k on the clock. I will be getting a new windscreen and all the wiper blades change for a mere £560.00
OUCH!!

3 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

It might be just me. But, has anyone else have the issue of the windscreen glass being very prone to scratching?

I've had to book mine in for a new one just after 2.5 years of ownership, from new, with less than 16k on the clock. I will be getting a new windscreen and all the wiper blades change for a mere £560.00
OUCH!!

No issues with my 8 yr old NX 300h.  It stands out on the drive, so it and the wiper blades do get washed regularly and wipers replaced often

On 4/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, IainL said:

I had a replacement windscreen last year due to a stone hitting the screen cracking it. Its the first time I've had that happen.

Was your Windscreen supplied and fitted by The Lexus Dealership or Autoglass Iain. Just out of Curiosity..!!

On 4/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, IainL said:

I had a replacement windscreen last year due to a stone hitting the screen cracking it. Its the first time I've had that happen.

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Was your Windscreen supplied and fitted by The Lexus Dealership or Autoglass Iain. Just out of Curiosity..!!

I wasn't sure which route to go, but decided to go to the dealer due to all the electronic gubbins in the screen.
The impression I got from making the booking is that they get Autoglass or equivalent in to do it for them.

Either way the car will still be at Lexus so they can check that all the electronics are connected up and working correctly before I pick it up.

4 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

I wasn't sure which route to go, but decided to go to the dealer due to all the electronic gubbins in the screen.
The impression I got from making the booking is that they get Autoglass or equivalent in to do it for them.

Either way the car will still be at Lexus so they can check that all the electronics are connected up and working correctly before I pick it up.

Very Wise Iain..Think that,s what i would have done..!!!

It was done through my insurance, it cost me around £75. They had the car for 4 hours at one of their sensors so they could recalibrate the sensors etc.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, Al D-Much said:

OUCH!!

Can’t you get the windscreen done on the insurance??

On 4/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, Al D-Much said:

OUCH!!

Similar situation here, my 2017 NX300h which I purchased in 2020 had a weird thing going on with the windscreen when the sun was low in the sky, thin diagonal lines of bright light obliterated the view of the road, which I found rather unnerving to say the least, my local Lexus dealer looked at the windscreen and said it was de-laminating and suggested I get it professionally polished, no one wanted to touch it due to the ADAS situation, I approached  my insurance company, two questions were asked, is the windscreen broken, answer, no, is the windshield chipped, no, sorry can’t help you, now a word of caution here, as soon as you contact your insurance company your call is recorded and registered so on reflection I should have accidentally on purpose broken it before contacting them, anyway, wanted to keep it genuine so new Lexus branded windscreen fitted at the cost of £900 inc ADAS set, didn’t care, it was now safe to drive.

So 3 weeks later minding my own business and driving around 40 mph, a large stone……….., you guessed it, two really nice bullet holes right in my line of site, repair out of question so yet another new windscreen fitted, none genuine this time but in all fairness it’s just as good as the genuine, just no LEXUS markings, but now all good, until next time😳🤣

On 4/28/2023 at 3:26 PM, Dipstikk said:

Lexus branded windscreen fitted at the cost of £900 inc ADAS set, didn’t care, it was now safe to drive.

£900!
That's almost double what I have been quoted, WOW.

It may have been the type of Windscreen as my NX is a Premium/Takumi with heads up display, accident aware cameras, rain sensor, sundim top tint, green graded tint etc etc, I know the genuine glass was quite dear at £598, the total price for all the bits needed to do the job came to £812.72 plus new wiper rubbers plus the dreaded Vodka And Tonic I ended up with a total bill of £1,022.00 only for it to get chipped and replaced for £75 under my insurance. So my total price was £1,097.00😭😭😭😭😭😭

So move on and enjoy the motor, it’s only money after all🤔😜

Oh, I did get £100 back from my insurance company🥳 no idea what for though!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links