Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I ended up driving home in this after a long journey by taxi and train and finally being picked up in my GS from Birmingham International by the Lexus salesman. I drove the car back to the dealership and it was wonderful. Major issue back at the dealer was despite collection being delayed due to some wheel and bumper refurbishment they offered to do after apparently not noticing it on the video they sent me, they also had missed a hideous attempted repair on the nearside bumper and a couple of dodgy stains on the passenger seat along with a few other minor bits they had neglected to tell me, really disappointing, second time I have bought an approved used Lexus car and both times the prep has been awful. After a minor hissy fit from me, they put me in the Yaris Cross and have offered to deliver my GS when the issues are resolved. Has really taken the shine off the buying experience and I think I’ll be sticking with private purchases in the future as I have made many of these over the years which have all been a much more positive experience. I’ll post some pics when the GS finally arrives.

EB4F6A5F-3307-4DC6-91DF-3C7911204F1E.jpeg

6E98DC4D-CE5D-4A78-AE44-1D49D63459C4.jpeg

That’s not good, it makes you wonder what else they “missed” like engine oil if they can’t spot obvious issues and rectify them before resale.

I would have been at the point of requesting my travel costs and walking away.

I can understand why you hid the Yaris behind the fence when it should have been a GS450h 😀

Ha thanks Steve, unfortunately the Yaris is very much in view from my front window! Yes does make you wonder doesn’t it? I’m pretty certain the dealers assume they can give their part exchanges a quick wash and sell them on. With hindsight if I’d inspected the car at the railway station I potentially would have walked away at that point. I did have a couple of other non Lexus options on private sales not a million miles away that I could have gone to look at. Really disappointing that in all the conversations with dealer that none of the issues were disclosed. Hopefully all resolved by this weekend, I am warming to the Yaris, nice high seating position, 4WD, loads of tech and 60 mpg, what’s not to like? Oh yeah, the whining engine!

Picked the car up Thursday evening from the dealer as I was heading home from a work visit down South. Paintwork sorted, leather all cleaned up nicely and the car was absolutely sensational in the 80 miles or so home. Loved my IS300h but great to be back in a six cylinder and the car is lovely and responsive whilst being cosseting too.

80943E3B-ED71-46ED-8F09-34B91CF98675.jpeg

112C9BB2-3BE7-418B-9DB9-680EC20B20E7.jpeg

C5DEC17C-DC47-4E46-A3DB-F36FC635C1DB.jpeg

F96C88E6-2A7D-4B20-8D7F-4A43F2534D79.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links