Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

NX350H Premium Pack

I have ordered the new NX350H FWD with premium pack. 
it says that there is 13 extras but two of the extras are the TAHARA upholstery. 
I am right that the TAHARA upholstery comes as standard anyway. 
when you add the extras you are only getting 10 and not 13. 

I have never owned a Lexus and coming from Honda. 
it’s weird that only certain packs go with certain models. Why can’t all options be available as extras. 

many thanks. 

The extras come as packs as it cuts down on production costs, as the factory only has to build a set number of versions.
The Tahara (synthetic leather) is black as standard, the extra gives you a choice of dark rose or black
If all the extras were mix 'n' match it would mean that potentially every car would have to be a bespoke build. After all it's a Lexus not a Bentley.

You're not wrong. Technically a choice of dark rose Tahara is 1 extra. But stating that you get Tahara and you can have black Tahara as 2 more extras is false as these are standard. Can anyone shed any light on this?

As I read it, the standard NX350H FWD will come with 'Black Tahara with silver inlay'. The premium pack says '13 extras' but I see icons for only 11 (not 10) and an option to have the Dark Rose Tahara with Silver Inlay. Therefore, I think it disingenuous and misleading of Lexus to say '13 extras'.

With the AWD model it is even worse as the £8,050 Premium Plus Pack says '32 extras' but, in reality, four of those are interior trim options. Since you can have only one interior, the truth is that you get 28 extras + one enhanced 'smooth leather' trim.

I don't know the answer, but is that way of counting "extras" the industry standard, or just a Lexus thing?

Either way, it shows that everybody should carefully check the specifications of any car you're looking to buy - personally, I find it hard to believe that anybody spending c. £50,000 on a car wouldn't do that.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:10 PM, Simon F said:

I don't know the answer, but is that way of counting "extras" the industry standard, or just a Lexus thing?

Either way, it shows that everybody should carefully check the specifications of any car you're looking to buy - personally, I find it hard to believe that anybody spending c. £50,000 on a car wouldn't do that.

I think everyone (like myself) read the options list but just didn't actually count them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links