Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 Lexus RX350 F Sport rattle

I purchased the RX350 F Sport in March 2023. The model is 72M. There is an intermittent rattle coming from either the left front door or the seat belt area that side. Lexus had it for 4 days to try lo repair. It’s brand new and does have Panasonic sunroof. Has anyone else got a similar problem? I’m based in South Africa- so since we would share right hand drive vehicles thought to ask on this forum

IMG_4825.jpeg

IMG_4848.jpeg

Hi, the rattle seems to be coming from the top of the left hand side door panel or the seat belt housing on the b pillar. I can tighten the number plate a little if you think it might help

You could try pulling out the seatbelt to it's full extent and use a piece of card or something to wedge it from retracting, this may help eliminate if it's the seatbelt mechanism.

90% of fixing these annoying rattle issues is finding the cause.

• Like 1

Hi

thanks for your ideas to try sort out the rattle. Lexus could not resolve the rattle at all. The brand new car practically has been with them longer than with me. I sold it back to them at about a USD $8000 loss and be gone with it. What a huge disappointment. Bye bye Lexus. Didn’t even last a month

• Sad 1

Why would you take a big loss of 8000 US for a rattle in a brand new car?? I find this strange. You say your dealer could not resolve the rattle? Again strange. I have been looking for noises in various cars once an audi mechanic spent 2 hrs driving my car with me next to it and several ideas and an inspection on the lift gave the answer. Who was the dealer?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem on my newly acquired NX350H..a rattle coming from the B pillar area, around the seatbelt housing. After 10mins research on this forum, I found the cause, and solution!

In my case, it’s the door lock mechanism that is not a perfect fit. By applying electrical tape to the latch, the rattle has been eliminated….

IMG_9630.thumb.jpeg.3f6e390b6b860aba4d8b1fd885b43615.jpeg

The black plastic oval shaped bit of plastic is moving slightly. I have applied two turns of tape to the latch, and hey presto…10miles into the Peak District and not a murmur.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links