Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is 250c upgrade grill

Johnlex

I want to swap out my grill, my grill is the one with the plastic back on the back .Lexus is250C 2009.

ive found the grill I want . But how you disassemble the parts. 
can’t find any supported YouTube clips or anything that matches my grill. Strange . 

any help please ??

This is the grill I want and the IMG_8503.thumb.jpeg.59e5942145242bcaa965feb4d42ec1ab.jpegIMG_8503.thumb.jpeg.59e5942145242bcaa965feb4d42ec1ab.jpegIMG_8487.thumb.jpeg.ea5d5528be8de165e25a797099509f31.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

They look pretty nice John and an easier replacement than the whole new big grill from the later IS models. I'm looking into these myself and I'll let you know if I can get any details on changing them over 👍

All the best,

Tony 

• Thanks 1

You've not looked enough John. There are a number of videos on YouTube on how to replace the grill on an is250. 

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

You've not looked enough John. There are a number of videos on YouTube on how to replace the grill on an is250. 

@Mr Vlad I’ve looked at many posts and watched at least 20 videos: the Lexus is 250c insert is different and also has a backing plate on it: the clips are also different: some have 4 screws on the back to: 

please see example below removed form 250c listed on eBay 

the oem numbers are also different too: 

IMG_8507.jpeg

Hi John. I didn't realise that the grills are different between a standard is250 and the is250c. Personally I can't see why they did that. 

Looking at your photos. My inclination is that to separate the grill from the black plastic part you may have to grind down those 'splodges' as they look like a rivet type of fixing. Or those splodges might be like a hot glue or a silicone type glue.

• Like 1

@Mr Vlad hi, 

yes the 250c is built completely different : everyone thinks it’s a standards 250 and all components and everything is the same and should all fit: however this isn’t the case : I’ve had many problems with Lexus also: 

Will I need to remove the whole grill or will I be able to push the plastic centre piece out as I’ve seen done on. A few videos too: 

Not only are thegrills different, they are differentfacelift and prefacelift. Mine has 24 slats some have 32 slats, some have  26. the outer siczes vary also. difficult to match unless you have the part number.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, markeyszoo said:

Not only are thegrills different, they are differentfacelift and prefacelift. Mine has 24 slats some have 32 slats, some have  26. the outer siczes vary also. difficult to match unless you have the part number.

Well the grill I want to order says it fits here below 

IMG_8509.jpeg

Hi John. From what I've seen then yes the 'whole' grill will need to be removed. That way the individual parts that make up the grill can be disassembled. 

Ow with your car and mine being oh so different I'd be careful where you get a replacement grill face from. 

I'm wondering if there was a F-sport variant of your car! If so then that would be the best way to get that look because the fit would be bang on. Getting one of those 'chinese' clone types may not fit at all. 

However it may be worthwhile to get one of those clone type grills, take yours off, and visually compare the two. Use a measure to. Marry them up to each other. If it looks like it'll fit then hey ho. If not then you always return the item stating it doesn't fit.

• Like 1

Check this out John. This one even tho the commentary is typical novice yank at least he shows you where all the clips and screws are.

• Confused 1

@Mr Vlad watched many times 

It’s a different grill I’ve watched this one quite a few times. 
untill it’s arrives and I start stripping it out I won’t know if the clips are the same or has screws. Also they cut the most important part of removing the grill from the bumper. I don’t want to damage paint work 

Hi John. I've also watched many many videos on swapping the grill to f-sport type. Removing the grill from the car (including from the bumper which the grill is Not attached too btw) is the same as for your car.

Front engine cover off. Weather strip off, the videos show at least 2 ways to do that. A clip at each end, clearly shown on videos. A 10mm bolt, or is it nut. It's then a matter off pulling off the whole grill but it takes some doing as the clips seem to be stiff to disengage. 

As for the grill removal from the shroud. There are 4 to 6 screws and a number of tabs which need manipulating.

I see it as a fiddly job But most doable.

Just because your car is a convertible I can't see Lexus/Toyota spending millions on tooling for a front grill of a model of car. Can you?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Hi John. I've also watched many many videos on swapping the grill to f-sport type. Removing the grill from the car (including from the bumper which the grill is Not attached too btw) is the same as for your car.

Front engine cover off. Weather strip off, the videos show at least 2 ways to do that. A clip at each end, clearly shown on videos. A 10mm bolt, or is it nut. It's then a matter off pulling off the whole grill but it takes some doing as the clips seem to be stiff to disengage. 

As for the grill removal from the shroud. There are 4 to 6 screws and a number of tabs which need manipulating.

I see it as a fiddly job But most doable.

Just because your car is a convertible I can't see Lexus/Toyota spending millions on tooling for a front grill of a model of car. Can you?

@Mr Vlad I received the grill today at 4pm by 5pm the car was back  to original own factory. 

Didn’t fit. 

Le us is 250c grill is completely different to all other grills 

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8540.jpeg

IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8547.jpeg

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8549.jpeg

IMG_8550.jpeg

IMG_8552.jpeg

Oh that's a #umber. Well at least you have Definate proof copy grills don't fit the convertible. 

I suppose if your dead set on a f- sport type grill the only option is to change the front end to a 'standard' is250. One wonders if there's a f-sport used bumper on sale somewhere?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh that's a #umber. Well at least you have Definate proof copy grills don't fit the convertible. 

I suppose if you’re dead set on a f- sport type grill the only option is to change the front end to a 'standard' is250. One wonders if there's a f-sport used bumper on sale somewhere?

@Mr Vlad well I wouldn’t invest I. A new bumper as I spent 350 getting this one completely stripped taken off and repaired repsrayed. It’s not it’s a copy grill it’s because Lexus changed the front end on the Lexus is 250c even if you look at the air intakes and the fog lights they are different also the grill is blanked off ??? Stop the air Flow coming through 

@Mr Vlad yes I’ve spent thousands on new paint work fixing the car doing everything changed everything and still got a Lexus warranty 15year getting number Plate  lamps changed under warranty I’ve had 2 headlights done callipers 

changed brake pipe both sides watch this link watch this I’ve changed so much more since then 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links