Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I can’t help with what the annual service is or the cost. I have read that the service is a only a check over and replacement of consumables such as fluids and brakes 
The 10 year Battery warranty that the Battery will have  90% is not directly linked to the 10 year extended car warranty if you have the car serviced every year at a main dealers. Toyota & Lexus offer the same warranty for all their cars. 

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Out of curiosity, the 10 year warranty. Does this tell you to service the car every year? And beeing an EV what exactly do they do then and what is the annual cost? I think Kia has a similar thing and owners are protesting telling it is a hidden 5k surcharge as evs dont need maintenance?

Service schedule is essentially the same as any Lexus. Every 10k miles / 1 year (whichever is sooner) alternating between intermediate and full service. Service schedule needs to be maintained for warranty to be valid, although as with any manufacturer's new car warranty by law that doesn't have to be done by the franchised dealer.

Current price at a Lexus dealer is £160 for the intermediate service and £315 for the full one with no doubt some extra charges at specific intervals such as 100k miles for coolant changes.

But this is an electric car. What is the difference with Tesla then that you dont have to service at all? Is this not a way of getting in money from customers 10 years times X whilst it is not needed at all?

• Like 1

But this is an electric car. What is the difference with Tesla then that you dont have to service at all? Is this not a way of getting in money from customers 10 years times X whilst it is not needed at all?

I think you do have to service a Tesla?

No, not to my knowledge. Tyres and screenwash thats it. Not even the brakes as generative braking slows the car down using the E motor.

Thats why i think it does not add up asking customers to pop in the dealer for an annual service. What do they do then? Anyone?

In my case, I would appreciate someone knowledgable checking my car over every year especially before an MoT after 3 years. If not now, then soon, the MoT will have to take in things like HV cabling as I am sure it would be a fire hazard or electrocution risk - the fire service already have special procedures for dealing with EV’s involved in accidents. Tesla did have some cars catching fire in the early days. 
Gaining the extended warranty by having the car serviced at a main dealer is a choice, not mandatory. It will take years for second hand buyers to not look for full main dealer service history so the lack of it would probably hit the residual hard - I think I am right in saying that the subsequent owners can keep the warranty going so which 5 year old car would you buy, one with full manufacturers warranty or one where you had to buy one. I came out of a Range Rover and a Land Rover extended warranty on those are about £ 1,000 / year so I’d rather pay for a service !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Teslas don't need to be serviced for warranty purposes but they recommend brake fluid check every two years (changing when necessary), brake calliper lubrication every year to avoid seizing callipers and pollen filters to be changed every two years - they are happy for anyone to do this and have no service book to stamp.

The difference is they don't have a franchise dealer network that needs a service revenue stream, all other BEV manufacturers stick to a conventional service schedule, although pricing is cheaper than ICE because of no engine oil/filter to replace.

What do they do then? Anyone?

For the intermediate service Lexus will just be doing checks on the wheels/tyres/brake pads/suspension and top up the washer fluid. For the full service they will replace brake fluid, pollen filter, key fob Battery and the normal checks.

• Like 1

First used Takumi 23 plate already on Autotrader

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306018012096

it is interestingly advertised as "TAKUMI|PAN ROOF|240+ RNAGE"

I guess RNAGE is RANGE, so they advertise it as 240+miles of range.

No wonder the buyer returned it - doesn't look like a demonstrator, too soon to put it on the used market.

That’s a £ 5k less than current list but about the same if ordered last year. I don’t think it can be an ex demo as for tax reasons they must be a minimum of 3 months old. 
That’s the first 2 month old car I have seen for sale at a 7% discount off list. 
My 2 year old Range Rover Velar lost only £ 7k in px against the RZ !

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306168601326

Another  used takumi for sale

Vehicle registered: 20/04/2023

Edit

and another one 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306218764240

Vehicle registered: 28/04/2023

Edit 

And another one 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306188650006

Vehicle registered: 28/04/2023

I once bought an ex demo for the wife and despite the dealer being keen to sell he said that because of VAT they couldn’t sell it for 3 months as they had registered it in their name. Might have changed or he was wrong. 

It would be interesting to know how many RZ450e’s have been sold to customers. 

I was at a large Toyota Dealership on Friday, collecting a RAV4 Plug in Hybrid for a friend and apparently they had hardly sold any BZ4X’s

3 minutes ago, F.A. said:

It would be interesting to know how many RZ450e’s have been sold to customers. 

106 by the end of May, but the vast majority will be press, employee and dealer demonstrators. 

The Toyota is at around 700, with just under 300 of them registered this year (not quite sure how they ‘sold’ 400 of them last year).

• Like 1

DriveTheDeal have unregistered Audi ETron 55 Fastbacks for June delivery from a main dealer for £ 70k - £ 15k discount. Residuals are reducing too - the RR Velar I px’d against the RZ has lost £ 4K in a month. One of the reasons I bought the RZ is that I expect residuals to drop like a stone on ‘prestige cars’ so my Velar could well have lost £ 20k over the next 12 months, so it looked sensible to get rid now. I bought the RZ to keep for some time, with the comprehensive warranty. It would be economic suicide to have a 3 year old Range Rover without a warranty - approx cost £ 1k / year.  

3 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Residuals are reducing too - the RR Velar I px’d against the RZ has lost £ 4K in a month. One of the reasons I bought the RZ is that I expect residuals to drop like a stone on ‘prestige cars’ so my Velar could well have lost £ 20k over the next 12 months, so it looked sensible to get rid now.

I am in the same boat but have a more optimistic view of the value of my Evoque in October/November when my Genesis lands. I was offered £42750 part-exchange in April. Motorway are now tracking my car for me. 

Motorway.jpg

Evoque’s have traditionally held their value so you may be ok. My Velar lost only about 10% over 2 years - I couldn’t see that rate holding. Especially with insurance costs rocketing on RR’s. 
I now think that Lexus has increased the list so the dealers can offer ‘discounts’ and those on the £ 500 deposits can be told they already have a say £ 3k discount. The residuals in PCP’s seem to reflect ‘normality’ with the likes of Lexus’s being circa 50% after 3 years, certainly not 80% - 90% that they actually were !
Looking at the deals available now, I think the market is heading back to what it was - discounts available on new cars and used a fair bit cheaper than new, a reversal of a few months ago. 

The updated UX300e has been announced with 40% more range. It now has the same Battery size as the RZ but is single engine drive and a smaller car.  On 17” wheels the generous WLTP range is 270 miles the same as a RZ Premium.

BUT as they must have made more of the Battery available for the UX they are only warranting 70% at 8 years rather than RZ’s 90% at 10 years. As per the RZ they will extend warranty to 10 years if serviced at main dealers. 

As the WLTP is the same for the same size Battery, I can’t see Lexus providing a software update increasing the RZ range - wouldn’t that have done that on the updated UX ?  I hope I am wrong. 

I thought the same but maybe it’s because it’s relatively heavy and therefore a similar weight to the RZ, as it’s not a purpose built EV platform ? 
Still it’s only single motor too so something doesn’t add up. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links