Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does the lexus ux250h Takumi 2019 have android auto

As far as I know the introduction of android auto/ apple car play was standard on vehicles 2020 onwards.

They did however introduce a media upgrade ( via the dealer ) for vehicles manufactured in 2019.

Here is a link to that info

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-upgrade/

Suggest if your looking to buy the car you get the dealer to do/check the upgrade if you can before you pick it up.

Hope that helps

I was going to buy an April 2019 Takumi that did not have the apple Car Play/Android Auto, but the dealer was going to do the upgrade as part of the deal.  

In the end I did not go ahead with the deal, wonder if the new owner got it added...?

Hi, I can confirm that the Lexus ux250h 2019 Takumi (UK) edition or Privilege (Belgium-mine) was bought in September 2019 without Android Auto / apple Carplay. 

The Android Auto / apple Carplay software was installed, free of charge, as an upgrade, between December of 2020 to January 2021 (I can't remember when exactly).

I can also confirm that it is working since flawlessly.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 9:06 AM, mete221144 said:

Hi, does anyone know if the lexus ux250h 2019 takumi has androis auto, will appreciate if someone helped 

My 2019 UX (not Takumi) has Android auto and apple CarPlay. Probably installed as upgrade by the dealer during a service.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:16 PM, kok8 said:

Hi, I can confirm that the Lexus ux250h 2019 Takumi (UK) edition or Privilege (Belgium-mine) was bought in September 2019 without Android Auto / Apple Carplay. 

The Android Auto / Apple Carplay software was installed, free of charge, as an upgrade, between December of 2020 to January 2021 (I can't remember when exactly).

Hi, the dealer said i have it but i dont know how to actiavte it/ use it thanks

On 5/10/2023 at 9:16 PM, kok8 said:

Hi, I can confirm that the Lexus ux250h 2019 Takumi (UK) edition or Privilege (Belgium-mine) was bought in September 2019 without Android Auto / Apple Carplay. 

The Android Auto / Apple Carplay software was installed, free of charge, as an upgrade, between December of 2020 to January 2021 (I can't remember when exactly).

Hi, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me how to use it/ activate it please

17 hours ago, gdamorini said:

My 2019 UX (not Takumi) has Android auto and Apple CarPlay. Probably installed as upgrade by the dealer during a service.

Hi, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me how to use it/ activate it please

4 hours ago, mete221144 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me how to use it/ activate it please

I am attaching the dedicated Help Center for Android Auto. Ours is connected via USB cable, I am using one of the two available, inside the armrest cabinet, USB ports.

Android Auto Help (google.com)

For our car there are tutorial videos at:

How to use Android Auto with a Lexus (lexusofconcord.com)

Good luck, you will spend a little time to gain a very helpful accessory! 

7 hours ago, kok8 said:

I am attaching the dedicated Help Center for Android Auto. Ours is connected via USB cable, I am using one of the two available, inside the armrest cabinet, USB ports.

Android Auto Help (google.com)

For our car there are tutorial videos at:

How to use Android Auto with a Lexus (lexusofconcord.com)

Good luck, you will spend a little time to gain a very helpful accessory! 

I cant find projectory settings

1 hour ago, mete221144 said:

I cant find projectory settings

Go to MENU==>SET UP==>GENERAL==>PROJECTION SETTINGS==>toggle Android Auto ON

Watch the attach video tutorial at the 49:40' to see how it is done, in case you do not find it then you do not have Android Auto/Carplay installed:

On 5/17/2023 at 9:25 AM, mete221144 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me how to use it/ activate it please

I use apple CarPlay and all i have to do is to connect the phone with the cable to one of the USB ports inside the front arm rest.

18 hours ago, kok8 said:

Go to MENU==>SET UP==>GENERAL==>PROJECTION SETTINGS==>toggle Android Auto ON

Watch the attach video tutorial at the 49:40' to see how it is done, in case you do not find it then you do not have Android Auto/Carplay installed:

I dont have projection settings 

3 minutes ago, gdamorini said:

I use Apple CarPlay and all i have to do is to connect the phone with the cable to one of the USB ports inside the front arm rest.

Doesnt work for me

4 hours ago, mete221144 said:

Doesnt work for me

Then it is, crystal clear, that you do not have Android and apple carplay installed.

Contact your local Lexus dealer to have it installed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links