Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scorpion CANBUS Immobiliser and S5 Tracker

Bought my wife a year old RX450h with 3k on the clock (Lexus Hedge End, who were great throughout) back in December and then started reading all the theft horror stories and suspected that at some point the scumbags are going to get to the South Coast.  In the end decided to take advantage of the Gold Member discount on the Scorpion X CANBUS Immobiliser and S5 Tracker and had these fitted yesterday.  Lauren at Scorpion was very helpful, excellent comms, very accommodating and pleasure to deal with.  Fitter was also very pleasant, efficient and a very neat job, basically I wouldn't know anything had been done to the car.  He was great at showing me the set up, how to make changes, walked me through how to change the PIN, how the tracker worked etc. Made sure everything was set up, from the car to the app, before he left.

Getting the car going is now just the extra step of inputting a series of button presses on the steering wheel (easy to do and easily changed), probably takes an extra 5 seconds, if that.  Car fires up and does everything else but will not 'start' without the code (fog light indicators in the dash flash when you get it right and the 'Ready' light comes on). The tracker app was super easy to download and set up, took a couple of minutes, my account with Scorpion had all been set up so all I had to do was put in my email address, confirm it was me via email and I was good to go with all the car details pre-loaded. The app works very well, I can see where the car is on a map (which you can select, I chose Google Maps), when it's moving it shows along with speed, direction and at the bottom it has written details (road it is in and the post code, changes in real time as it's moving).  It even tells you the state of the Battery.  The tracker comes with a tag - if it moves without the tag being in the car the Tracker Call Centre and me will be alerted. The app also has the option for an electronic tag to be added to the phone so that the physical tag isn't required, the phone acts as the tag, you can even set the sensitivity so that the app tag can't be read from longer distances.

All in all I'm much happier that the car is protected, my experience with Scorpion was first class and I'd certainly recommend them based on my experience of the people and product so far.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, msdsx said:

Bought my wife a year old RX450h with 3k on the clock (Lexus Hedge End, who were great throughout) back in December and then started reading all the theft horror stories and suspected that at some point the scumbags are going to get to the South Coast.  In the end decided to take advantage of the Gold Member discount on the Scorpion X CANBUS Immobiliser and S5 Tracker and had these fitted yesterday.  Lauren at Scorpion was very helpful, excellent comms, very accommodating and pleasure to deal with.  Fitter was also very pleasant, efficient and a very neat job, basically I wouldn't know anything had been done to the car.  He was great at showing me the set up, how to make changes, walked me through how to change the PIN, how the tracker worked etc. Made sure everything was set up, from the car to the app, before he left.

Getting the car going is now just the extra step of inputting a series of button presses on the steering wheel (easy to do and easily changed), probably takes an extra 5 seconds, if that.  Car fires up and does everything else but will not 'start' without the code (fog light indicators in the dash flash when you get it right and the 'Ready' light comes on). The tracker app was super easy to download and set up, took a couple of minutes, my account with Scorpion had all been set up so all I had to do was put in my email address, confirm it was me via email and I was good to go with all the car details pre-loaded. The app works very well, I can see where the car is on a map (which you can select, I chose Google Maps), when it's moving it shows along with speed, direction and at the bottom it has written details (road it is in and the post code, changes in real time as it's moving).  It even tells you the state of the battery.  The tracker comes with a tag - if it moves without the tag being in the car the Tracker Call Centre and me will be alerted. The app also has the option for an electronic tag to be added to the phone so that the physical tag isn't required, the phone acts as the tag, you can even set the sensitivity so that the app tag can't be read from longer distances.

All in all I'm much happier that the car is protected, my experience with Scorpion was first class and I'd certainly recommend them based on my experience of the people and product so far.

Many here in the LoC community have quite correctly stated that these trackers and CAN BUS immobilers are only effective after the vehicle has been damaged and entry to vehicle has been made.  Many advocate the deterent effect of a bright yellow, highly visble steering wheel lock that hopefully makes the idiots go away before casuing any damage. Most of the installations of Immobilisers and trackers are clandestein / stealthy so they cannot be removed easily,  but also there is no visible warning that the vehicle is protected by such devices.

@msdsx When Scorpion installed your devices,  did they also provide optional window stickers to warn potential theives that the vehicle is protected and tracked? 

When my NX arrives I am almost certainly going to proceed with a Scorpion tracker+immobilsor installation but I am also of the opinion that a visible deterrent is best and advertising the fact the car is protected by a tracker and immobilisor (just like the visible disklock which I will also have) will increase this deterrent factor.  Opinions welcome!

How much did you pay?

The deal is misleading.  I read it as £250 for the Canbus Immobiliser on its own.  It is infact still £450 for the Scorpion X Canbus Immobiliser on its own.

Not really a deal if you don't want the tracker.

While I was still working with Can-Bus alarms Cobra were making the best. 2005 is close to a hundred years ago when coming to such gadgets, so I searched and found that

https://www.autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/alarm-upgrade/12-autowatch-695-can-bus-universal-alarm-system

seems the most recommended today.

Cobra seems to still be making alarms and the quality of the ones we had then were good and the cars they were installed in never had false alarms then as I would have been told that.

http://www.vehiclesecurity.co.nz/images/Logo/Lexus.png have alarms from Cobra for these models:

• IS200 2017-
  • IS300 2017-
  • LC500 2017-
  • LX 570 2009-
  • NX350 2021-
  • NX450 2021-

1 hour ago, msdsx said:

Getting the car going is now just the extra step of inputting a series of button presses on the steering wheel (easy to do and easily changed), probably takes an extra 5 seconds, if that.  Car fires up and does everything else but will not 'start' without the code (fog light indicators in the dash flash when you get it right and the 'Ready' light comes on). The tracker app was super easy to download and set up, took a couple of minutes, my account with Scorpion had all been set up so all I had to do was put in my email address, confirm it was me via email and I was good to go with all the car details pre-loaded. The app works very well, I can see where the car is on a map (which you can select, I chose Google Maps), when it's moving it shows along with speed, direction and at the bottom it has written details (road it is in and the post code, changes in real time as it's moving).  It even tells you the state of the battery.  The tracker comes with a tag - if it moves without the tag being in the car the Tracker Call Centre and me will be alerted. The app also has the option for an electronic tag to be added to the phone so that the physical tag isn't required, the phone acts as the tag, you can even set the sensitivity so that the app tag can't be read from longer distances.

Mark.. How much was the complete deal from scorpian if you don,t mind me asking..

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Mark.. How much was the complete deal from scorpian if you don,t mind me asking..

My recent quotation from Scorpion for both a X Series CAN BUS Immobiliser(£449) and S5 Thatcham Approved 24/7 Monitored tracker, fitted at my home, and with a lifetime's monitoring on the tracker, (after the Lexus O C £250 discount) came to just short of £1,250

There wasn't a sticker though I wasn't planning on using it if there was. My view is you're just providing information which may help them though I can see it both ways. Theft attempts of these cars are generally non-destructive other then peeling back part of the body to get to the CANBUS through the light, I think that just breaks some poppers which are easily fixed. Anyone setting out to steal one of these is going to be a professional (not a joy-riders car, let's face it!), doing it to order, and isn't going to be be put of by a steering lock - there's a video on another recent thread showing the best of them being removed by amateurs in less than 30 seconds, some much quicker.

I paid £877 for the immobiliser and tracker with a two year monitoring pack.  Agree the ad is a bit misleading, I mentioned this to them and they said they were going to make it clearer.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links