Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in a Lexus, RX500h

Hello all, have been away from the brand for last 4 years since my previous couple of IS300h’s, but returned this weekend having purchased a  RX500h Fsport model. Can’t see a lot of commentary in here on the new RX’s, but it sure is a different beast to the previous RX450 models. Personally I think for the better overall. 

It’s a definitely more handsome car from most angles, quality is still right up there too, but IMO a step forward in ride/handling with this version, surprised how well it combines supple ride with sporty characteristics, less boat like than the previous version and nimble too. 

Pleasantly surprised on the mpg too having seen many comments online about it. Have just returned from a 60mile A/B road mix and it’s saying 36mpg, pretty happy with that.

Any other RX5 FSport owners?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Congrats for the new car!

How do you find the engine in comparison to  the V6 ?

I wasn't a previous owner of a RX450, but I did have a test drive a while ago now.  My view is the RX500h is a different beast, it has a 6spd auto, not a CVT (though its so smooth and quiet its not very obvious), the car is so very quiet old/new that its not like the old V6 was a sonorous engine especially combined with the CVT.   The new one has artificial sound in the cabin which you can turn on/up/off which is not offensive, but isn't a great sound.  Performance wise its plenty quick both off the line and in gear, the gearbox is also quick to shift up and down, under kickdown too and the electric motors combine to torque fill any gaps.   Economy is same/better too.   Most owners wouldn't know the difference if they weren't told I suspect....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links