Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus HS model

Never heard of it.

A quick look through the rest of the site at RC s shows prices are higher than here.

I'm sure Linas will see this post so if he follows the link and searches for RC s,he will find the lesser spotted RC 350,in RH drive.

• Haha 1

It was weird Lexus attempt to squeeze in more hybrids in line-up. Sort of sub-IS sized car, that really didn't work out and they later just released CT and IS hybrid. I have seen few of them around being sold in US, to be honest I thought they were only sold in US, but apparently Japan as well. As often is the case with Lexus - if car does not sell in US, they just drop it. All in all it was kind of weird attempt of introducing extra model which doesn't slot very well with the rest of the model range, timing was wrong as well. Even back in 2010 writing was on the wall that SUVs are the future for, so adding HS on top of IS, ES, GS and LS is just outright weird and inevitably failed. It probably should have been just an option in face-lift IS mk2, surely that would have been much better than IS220d... actually it would have been quite interesting to see how IS250h would have sold in 2009 when CO2 requirements were not as ridiculous as they are now. Obviously the problem was that Toyota didn't have suitable engine options back then and just used what they already had in Camry for FF transversal configuration, whereas IS would have needed FR longitudinal.  

I kind of keep complaining about them dropping GS and IS, but to be fair it makes sense for model line-up. It would work totally fine if ES would have been RWD car with some decent engine options. It isn't... but I stop here as we end up discussing RC350 😄 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links