Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DID LEXUS HONOUR THEIR LEXUS RELAX WARRANTY

VSR

Hi all, i'm skeptical as to whether lexus honours their relax warranty or not, did they find a way of getting out of paying. How was your experience. Thanks in advance!

As long as the fault is covered I think it should be fine. My claim was not on Relax, but just generally with Lexus and from my experience dealership was extremely keen to do the work. You see the people who determines what your car needs and estimates the cost are dealerships, dealerships are not owned by Lexus, and Lexus GB (or their warranty provider) is the one paying. So from dealership perspective they actually want your warranty claim, that is good business for them. Lexus GB generally speaking cannot really reject the claim unless it is clearly outside of what is covered... the price negotiation if at all happens then happens between dealership and Lexus GB. 

In short - check what is covered under Relax (as it does not cover as much as previous extended warranty or Lexus manufacturer warranty) and if it is covered then I am very confident Lexus will pay it without any problems.

Not in my experience... they may get lower hour rate, but they get guaranteed income. For example my claim was for faulty electric seat motor on Lexus RC. It was still working, but kind of weak, so I would have to pull myself up by the steering wheel or get out of the car for the back of the seat to actually lift. They quoted £4200 for repair, they replaced all 3 or 4 motors, all the wiring, screws, gears etc. everything inside the seat. 

Now if they would have told me the repair for that was for £4200 - I would have said "are your out of your mind", got myself a motor and paid somebody to fix it for £100. Or maybe bought entire used seat for £500... there is no way anyone is paying that much for such fault. As well I reckon they could have changed only the faulty part and it would have been maybe £800 or whatever, but they chose to do more work than was strictly needed... in part as good customer service, but as part clearly driving up the bill for labour. 

I personally was kind of happy and kind of not very happy - on one hand I feel like they could have replaced whole seat (apparently Lexus does not make whole spare seats) and as mine had some wear on it, that would have been preferable. But then they would have got nothing for labour... what does it take to put seat in... maybe 1h? So instead they chosen to go trough laborious job of completely rebuilding existing seat, not sure how many hours did it take them, but it must have been measured in days. In the end of day, the problem was fixed, Lexus paid whatever was on the bill and seat worked perfectly after that.

• Like 1

I haven't claimed on Relax but have made two claims on the old Extended Warranty and both were dealt with swiftly by my local dealer with no arguments - in fact in once case they went over and above what I would have expected. I would hope Relax will offer the same peace of mind. 

• 3 weeks later...

Something thats annoying me with the dealerships is that no matter what you book for, even if a very small thing, they tell you they need to have the car "all day". It is super annoying unless you don't work full time and live next to the dealership, which id say most of us dont 🤨

I rather wait when my car is in for service. I usually as for the first slot in the morning and to date have only had to wait a couple of hours.

When the RC went in to investigate the non-functioning SatNav I was given a courtesy car and ended up keeping it over a week! It took that long to get Lexus.jp to remotely assess the system and authorise replacement.

When the power rear door failed on the RX I was given a courtesy car and had only just got home to be told the car was ready!.

I'm sure most service centres would appreciate the flexibility of having the customer's car "all day" but mine seems happy to accommodate my requests.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links