Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

250c roof problems

Yesterday and today both really hot days. I decided to go to Brighton: cleaned the car: 

we t to put the roof down/ holding the button 

nothing …. Tried and tried holding the button . I could put all windows down and use the roof switch to put the windows up . Nothing came up on the dash, no warning ⚠️ 

then the roof started to go up, but kept saying suspended and getting stuck. Eventually it went down but would go up. Eventually it went up. I tried again but nothing. Tried agian many times to day as went on a long drive 2 hours each way: same thing: 

I checked the luggage board, the clips. Still nothing. 

then 7 hours later I tried nothing. Then all of a sudden the roof started going up and down and working normally ???

has anyone had this experience or know if plugged in to tech stream a call de will show up as nothing came up on the dash 

So I’ve just tried it and it went down and wouldn’t go up. Tried and tried and after a while it went up by yanking and pulling the switch really hard. 

Mmmmmm could you have then a dodgy switch? If you've had to yank and pull the switch really hard then it sounds like a dodgy switch. 

I don't know how the switch looks but maybe you can remove it and see if it comes apart so as to clean its contacts.

• Like 1

Hey @Mr Vlad yes defiantly a switch issue. I’ve watched 1 of many YouTube clips and found one that this is the issue. 

this clip about 3-1/2 mins in shows it to be the switch and wires. 

the switch isn’t that expensive around £50 imported. But it’s how to test the switch and need the laptop tech stream that Lexus have but £180 plus vat per hour is a lot. 

I’ve contacted them as I have my extended warranty just waiting as they need a technician to have a look and do the paper work side but def the switch os the issue. 

Well there you go John. I am however surprised you haven't got a copy of techstream yourself. 

In the meantime of waiting for the dealer to contact you why don't you get at that switch and see if it's wiring plug is fully home.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well there you go John. I am however surprised you haven't got a copy of techstream yourself. 

In the meantime of waiting for the dealer to contact you why don't you get at that switch and see if it's wiring plug is fully home.

@Mr Vlad i could start messing around with the dash however the wiring could be at fault: I will wait for Lexus. 

yes I’ve never bothered with tech stream as had one guy who worked for Lexus who had the laptop and done private jobs for me and also the Lexus main dealer has always looked after me. 

On 6/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, Mr Vlad said:

That's good 👍

@Mr Vlad took it to Lexus asked the. To plug in to techstream, switch changed all confirmed on data on techstream and covered under warranty. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links