Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charging protection kit

One of the packs in the boot of my new NX450h+ was a bag called "Charging Protection Kit" that contained a pair of gloves and a large cloth.

Tried googling it to see how you are supposed to use it but no luck.

Anyone know what you are supposed to do with it (clean answers only please !)

Thanks

Graham

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

Gloves to keep your hands clean and a cloth to wipe down the cable before you put it back in the car perhaps?

That is what I would think too 😃

• Like 1

The cloth is 1M x 0.6M with a 10cm elasticated loop on one corner.  I don't think it was intended to be used to wipe the cable, but a fair assumption until I added this detail.

Graham

2 hours ago, DouglasGB said:

The cloth is 1M x 0.6M with a 10cm elasticated loop on one corner.  I don't think it was intended to be used to wipe the cable, but a fair assumption until I added this detail.

Graham

loop over the charging plug on the cable, hangs down the side of the car protecting the bodywork while plugged in for a whole charging cycle.
But, that's just a guess.

• Like 1

I was given one of these too. The soft cloth was in a protective plastic bag and there was a pouch for the gloves to go in. There was also a zipped open mesh rectangular bag just a little bigger than the soft cloth bag. All 4 items have labels or markings saying, "Lexus Electrified". All the items were in another plastic bag that has a parts sticker on it which reads, "Lexus Charging Prote LB700-63". Is 'prote' short for 'protection ...' I wonder?

I googled the part number and got one result, https://www.online-teile.com/toyota-ersatzteile/LB70063_Lexus-Charging-Prote.html, with a cost of 46 Euros. Unfortunately, neither the picture nor the description give any further enlightenment.   

21 hours ago, DouglasGB said:

One of the packs in the boot of my new NX450h+ was a bag called "Charging Protection Kit" that contained a pair of gloves and a large cloth

If no one updates us. I will ask when I am may be lucky enough to pick up my own car in two weeks ish. 

• Like 1

That's the jobie Harrier Man

It's a really impressive package, even the gloves have got Lexus Electrified embossed on them.

It's a shame they don't tell you what they were thinking when they developed the package.

Graham

image.png.6b2dbb22a8a11dd2ac1a2ba9de69d993.png

French sales documentation states : " With the Lexus gloves and towel set, clean the charging cable when needed or dry it in case of rain and keep your hands clean when you plug the car in. The towel is used to clean and dry the charging cable and the gloves to protect your hands and handle the plug safely and in an hygienic way. The set avalaible for the NX450h+ is packed in a convenient bag" 
Mistery solved 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems a shame to spoil such a nice cloth with dirt from the cable and it still doesn't explain the elasticated hook on one corner. I'll just leave it in the car until I find a use for it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Graham

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links