Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 rear seat belt stuck

Hello

Grateful for your help…

The rear middle seatbelt mechanism appears to be jammed and I can’t extend the seat belt from the reel. Is there a way to free the mechanism. I’m not sure how to access the mechanism, from the rear parcel shelf or some other way?  
I can’t find anything online or any video demonstrating this. 
many thanks

David

From the diagram it appears the centre belt is held by a single bolt (circled).

To access the mechanism the usual route is remove seat base and upright then you should be able to lift up the rear shelf enough and get to the bolt.

Being inertia belts tipping the reel backwards and forwards once removed may disengage the locking pawl.

If not a used one from a breaker.

IMG_0510.jpeg

• Like 2

Just another thought.

Once the seat base is removed remove the lower seat belt mounting bolt ( circled in blue) giving you some slack in the belt.

Allow it to retract slightly then see if it has freed off by pulling it out again.

IMG_0510.jpeg

Thanks Steve

that looks really quite complicated?  How do I go about removing the seat base and upright?  Have managed to pry open the rear shelf but don’t have enough room to manipulate the belt mechanism. 

I wonder if I need to resort to a garage?  Lexus or a standard garage?  Can imagine the cost building quickly….

Find a breaker on eBay, TBH I’ve never heard of this problem before on an IS250 so the chances are you will be able to find one in good working condition at a fraction of dealer prices.

The other thing is it rarely gets used in general but is an MOT requirement.

Link below 

https://tinyurl.com/ypky2695

https://tinyurl.com/4pdj4anz

12 hours ago, Davidlwh said:

Thanks Steve

that looks really quite complicated?  How do I go about removing the seat base and upright?  Have managed to pry open the rear shelf but don’t have enough room to manipulate the belt mechanism. 

I wonder if I need to resort to a garage?  Lexus or a standard garage?  Can imagine the cost building quickly….

I guess you have now managed it but the base is normally yank up to release the clips then pull forward and remove, the rear section is usually 4 bolts at the bottom visible once the base is removed. 

• Like 1

Thanks again.

yes, it was a little fiddly but have managed to get the whole mechanism out.  I’ve had a play around with it and can’t manipulate it to work and suspect will damage it if I try and prise open the unit itself.  

lexus want £178+ vat for a new mechanism and it will have to be shipped from Japan taking 2 months!  Have managed to find a used one so fingers crossed…..

yes, it was my MOT where it was picked up….

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links