Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 lexus is200 ulez help

jamie07800

I have owned and maintained is200 for over 10years and still to this day never misses a beat, cant fault it at all and has 180,000 miles on clock. 
i have seen numerous people in the trade buy the is200 as they are ulez exempt but the reg dates are 54-55 auto. Mine is manual 1999 on an X and the only difference is what they have is auto. My vehicle has no euro status and i have sent relevent documents to TFL, they are asking me for a conformity certificate. How do i get this certificate ? As i have been told by 3 MOT testers the emissions are fine and it should be compliant just want to know if anyone else has ulez compliant is200. Any help regarding ulez much appreciated. 

From what I understand cars built before 2001 meet only Euro 2 standard while ULEZ requires a minimum of Euro 4 (post 2006 models) although some models may have met this standard earlier like your traders’ 54-55 plates and this is stated on the V5c.

You can obtain a CoF from the vehicle manufacturer at a cost of £75.00 but this would still not be acceptable for ULEZ given the above.

• Sad 1

Unfortunately yes, just as the Mayor of London wanted!

Thinking about it hypothetically if Nissan has built the all electric Leaf model in 1999 that also would have been Euro 2 standard and also not compliant!  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links