Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation - cancelling a route?

I may be missing something obvious here, but I can’t find it in the manual …

How do you cancel a route on the standard satnav, after you’ve started one?

The only way I’ve been able to find so far is to ‘pause’ navigation. Which doesn’t actually cancel it, if you know what I mean.

58 minutes ago, poprock said:

I may be missing something obvious here, but I can’t find it in the manual …

How do you cancel a route on the standard satnav, after you’ve started one?

The only way I’ve been able to find so far is to ‘pause’ navigation. Which doesn’t actually cancel it, if you know what I mean.

On the CT Premium Nav, you suspend a route if you do not want to finish the journey. This remains in the system until you select a new destination and click replace to start a new route. 

Something like that.

Okay, so pausing/suspending the route is the right thing to do? 

I’m actually glad to hear that. Means I’m not just being dumb and missing an obvious button somewhere!

11 minutes ago, poprock said:

I’m actually glad to hear that. Means I’m not just being dumb and missing an obvious button somewhere!

That is how it works.

1 hour ago, poprock said:

One can also delete the destination, thereby cancelling the route guidance, (page 93 in the Nav manual) 

Press the “MAP” button on the 
Remote Touch.

Select *** on the map screen.
Select “Route”

When a destination is set
Select “Delete”.
Select “Yes”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the standard RC nav;

While in map mode press the nav knob on the central console until you bring up the rotational pictogram/icon display on the screen with 'Destination' displayed in the centre of the screen the first pictogram/icon to the right in Cancel Destination.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links