Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 2005 facelift ULEZ vs Scottish LEZ discrepancies

DC369

I've been considering buying an early (2005-2006) facelift SC430 in the lower tax band but LEZ compliant for Glasgow and Scottish LEZ's.

My understanding is that both Transport For London (TfL) and www.lowemissionzones.scot require a petrol car to be Euro 4 or above.  I also believe that Euro 4 will apply for any petrol car registered from 1st Jan 2006 onwards, but may also apply to some cars registered before this.

The problem that I'm facing is that some cars registered in (say) October 2005 show as being compliant on the London website but not LEZ compliant on the Scottish site.

Even worse is that two cars registered on the same date can give different results for Scotland (despite both being OK for ULEZ).

Can anyone shed any light on why this should be?

Does anyone know of a website that states the Euro status for a specific registration?

Has anyone successfully challenged and changed the Euro rating for their car?

Thanks.

Down here in London all sc430’s meet the ULEZ requirements .

done a check on a 2001 model, then a 2009 model and both met the regulations. 
    All  SC430’s regardless of age meet Euro4 regs 👍🏻

Just checked the 2001 and 2009 cars on the Scottish LEZ site and one passed.. one failed….well that totality wrong if they all meet Euro 4 regs ……time to move south me thinks !! 😉

• Haha 1

don't just worry about Scotland and their interpretation of all this stuff

Reading authoritative tomes about driving across Europe .  well, the 350+ differing City rules and regs about the NECESSARY PASSES to buy and display for assorted areas and cities abound with ENFORCEMENT quite regular and penal to the likelihood of Brits driving abroad getting it wrong anywhere could result in a slapping great fine of £1500 a time 

Mine doesn't ever get any ULEZ type pass or credit, nor ever will  BUT all other cars driving without the NECESSARY PERMITS will simply get a likely fine 

I'm never taking my car to Europe again, as i have very many times past, pre covid, for huge month long wonderful holidaying drives ......  and even with my 2006 ULEZ ok Honda Legend .  I would still probably fall foul of some Fine Toting Policeman in France, Italy, Spain wherever  ...

So Ireland it is again hopefully ..... the leprechuans will look after me I'm sure   🤩

Oh, lest we forget that certain cities in the UK now have such similar ULEZ rules to Herr Khan's and especially YORK City where, whatever your status, you simply HAVE to pay a daily £3 charge  .  is it £3 ???

Malc

• Confused 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links