Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member possibly buying a used SC430 today

Menopaws

IMG_6252.thumb.jpeg.07717917ed0c6d87cbf7626c55131b58.jpegGood morning from new member, I’ve been looking at buying an SC430 for a couple of months now to replace my Subaru, I’m going to see one today in Hounslow which is advertised for just under £4000 on Autotrader. So my question is has anyone been to see it or know anything about it before I make the 100 mile trip and possibly waste my time?  Thanks in advance for any input. 
Mike 

bit odd that the 2010 MOT reads in Kms 🤔  and the current MOT shows 190k miles too  ............  NOT your expected 118k miles  ....  take care eh !

Malc

Thanks Malc, I did all the checks and have just returned home (without a new to me car) , it was a total waste of time apart from I had my lovely partner to keep me company, I didn’t really want her driving back in this awful weather either! 
So I knew the car had been stored for three years according to the owner who bought it intending to move to Spain with it, no V5 as it was sold to his nephew (car dealer) with only the yellow part of the V5, not registered for three years, why did I even go there! The photos on Autotrader must be from at least five years ago, it was in need of a damned good clean, although it was in a garage it had obviously been stored under trees with the detrius under the bonnet, the interior needed the same cleaning, the front bumper had more damage than the photo showed, all the wheels were damaged possibly beyond normal refurbishment levels, the ariel didn’t work (he already told me that,) and the windscreen had more than one massive crack. So it was worth about £2500 but he didn’t want to reduce it so I walked away. 
Nice drive of about 240 miles and it’s raining so apart from losing a few quid on petrol nothing lost, I just want to ensure no one else wastes their time going to see this without knowing the truth. The seller is a really nice guy and I think he genuinely believes this car is worth what he’s asking but not in my lifetime. 

Oh the joys of chasing round the country to buy that elusive steed ,,,,,,,, there’ll be another I’m sure especially with ULEZ expansion and owners of older cars suddenly faced with a £12.50 a day charge upcoming 

good luck in your search 

Malc 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Oh the joys of chasing round the country to buy that elusive steed ,,,,,,,, there’ll be another I’m sure especially with ULEZ expansion and owners of older cars suddenly faced with a £12.50 a day charge upcoming 

good luck in your search 

Malc 

All the SC430 range 2001-2010 are ULEZ compliant 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, Menopaws said:

Thanks to you who commented, live and learn but I have now bought what I believe to be a ‘good un’ and intend to update as I improve it, got to say I’m loving the car! 

A few pics are always appreciated so the crowd can go Haaaaa

Hope you enjoy the SC 430 like most of us here clearly do.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links