Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot wont open or close

Hello there i just bought a 2013 Lexus Rx450h and later this afternoon i put my stuff into the boot and prior i opened it with the key button and it opened like regular as i put my stuff in i pushed the button and it closed but stopped 3/4 of the way there and beeped and opened back up since i was in a rush i made it close again 3/4 of the way and with a hand helped it close it 

later i went with my family to a pub to go eat and drink and i put my stuff it opened but this time couldn't close at all so i closed it manually after coming back i tried with the key it wouldnt open or close now so i am forced to close it manually

i dont mind closing it manually but it is annoying knowing you have a power tail gate but cant even have the right to use it

Can you tell me why this has happened?

Thank you

The fact it was working and stopped mid way indicates it isn't disabled in the glovebox and that there is a fault with the system. If you purchased from a business rather than a private sale then you should get them to fix the issue for free as part of your consumer rights (assuming they didn't tell you the tailgate had a fault at time of purchase).

No fortunately I have bought it from a private sale from a relatively old lady around 58 I dont think shes the one to blame i think these problems occur very often for these cars,

I've seen a video now on youtube on an RX350 no the hybrid though that he had the same problem and he just removed the negative terminal for about 15 seconds (varies) and magically it just opened again? I don't know if this is entirely true

I haven't checked yet but I'm pretty sure i am still valid since it has been serviced by lexus by the previous owner ever since she bought it on the 24th of December 2013 and has been servicing it via lexus warranty ever since. Though now thinking about it. it is over 11 years old now because it is actually registered as a 2012 with 13 plates, so I am not sure if i am still eligible for it. But it has just 58,000 miles

Im sorry for being confusing i just don't know if i am eligible or not 

3 hours ago, Rolis72 said:

Im sorry for being confusing i just don't know if i am eligible or not 

You should be covered if the last Lexus service was before the car was 10-years old and was within the last 12-months / 10,000 miles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update about 2 to 3 Weeks ago i have installed a "ghost immobliser" in my lexus drove somewhere for a professional who services lexus as well in his own workshop to install it i didn't know what he specifically done but he did disconnect a lot of stuff to go put in this "ghost immobliser" and i think he had to disconnect the Battery, Just today as i always thought the boot is broken and i yet again have to close by hand but i thought why not and pressed the button. Turns out it just hard reset or something because the boot magically closed. 

Thank you for all the suggestions

On 7/23/2023 at 10:22 PM, Rolis72 said:

No fortunately I have bought it from a private sale from a relatively old lady around 58 I dont think shes the one to blame i think these problems occur very often for these cars,

I've seen a video now on youtube on an RX350 no the hybrid though that he had the same problem and he just removed the negative terminal for about 15 seconds (varies) and magically it just opened again? I don't know if this is entirely true

I've just read the 'old lady' comment. 58! That's not old I assure you, relatively or not.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links