Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head-up display “shake”

Hi there. I wonder if anyone has the same issue with their HUD for NX350h/450h.

My 350h got the dash trim replaced by the dealer under warranty due to very prominent crease marks around the airbag area about 3 months ago. I recently did a longer trip and noticed the projection of the HUD would “vibrate” up and down more than I remembered on some rough roads at higher speed like 60 mph and seems to be fine if the road is relatively flat/in good condition. I don’t really remember having the projection “vibrating” up and down too much before the replacement though. The HUD unit seemed to be quite secured when I slightly pressed the area/screen.

I am going to speak to my local centre which only does service and parts (not the dealer mentioned as they are a bit far from where I am and it’s hard to demonstrate the issue unlike the crease issue) but just wondering if anyone knows anything - I am not too sure if it was just me being paranoid after having the dash replaced or it’s really “abnormal”. Ta!

Can't say that I have noticed this problem. Have been holidaying on the west coast of Scotland and travelling on many single track roads with a rough surface and no issue with the HUD.

Not noticed any shake, but had the display move off the bottom of the screen at least five times. This always occurs after the car has been stood not while moving and can easily be readjusted using the steering wheel controls. Have reported it but not a known fault. 

1 hour ago, Husky125 said:

Not noticed any shake, but had the display move off the bottom of the screen at least five times. This always occurs after the car has been stood not while moving and can easily be readjusted using the steering wheel controls. Have reported it but not a known fault. 

Not noticed a shake but did have opposite issue with HUD slowing dropping to bottom so that bottom of display not visible had to adjust every 3 to 4 days.  Did not report as I would give the car a few weeks to “bed in” and after about 3 weeks it seemed to have settled and no issue for the last few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

No HUD issues for me either.

[BTW - I did wonder what had happened with regards to your earlier issue with the creases in the dash]

Yea Lexus agreed to replace the dash trim under warranty. The dealership did, seemingly, a good job as I didn’t notice any rattle etc. However I am not sure if my HUD issue is linked with the job - no idea if the unit was touched for the dash replacement job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links