Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPG Update

ElectricBlue

I have done 5 trips to North Norfolk and back to Gloucestershire since March this year, all roof up, 2 people, 2 dogs, boot full. Weather has been mainly fair but some rain, traffic variable but mainly good. Route M4, M25, M11, A14, A11/A134/A1065/A148 to Cromer. All at legal maximum conditions allowing. Total distance c1500 miles Average MPG 30.1 Fuel Used: Tesco Momentum 99 (mainly) & Shell V-Power. I am happy with this.

• Like 4

When I collected my 2006 SC430 from Gloucester on the way back to Torquay (doing between 70-80mph most of the way) it returned an average of 32.8 MPG which I thought was excellent for a V8.

Probably the 6 speed gearbox helped?

Back home I mostly do stop-start short trips and it's very hilly (Torquay - like Rome - is built on 7 hills) and it returns 18 MPG

Really pleased. (use 99 grade petrol)

• Like 4

Nigel .  i would get someone to adjust your post above and remove the 80 figure 

Maybe the " truth police " will get ya otherwise at some time .  self confessed criminal and  all that ..............

No idea how you do that tho AND I might be overly cautious of course BUT ................. 

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:38 AM, Peter1208 said:

Good to know of another SC430 in Gloucestershire Nick, I live in South Gloucestershire, perhaps one day we will meet up for a coffee [or tea] somewhere. 

DSCF0342.thumb.jpeg.0cd7f74868f28dfd9c59e687a9abb4de.jpeg

That would be great...How about early September..?? Aust or somewhere..

Nick, I saw you car parked in front of a Cromer sea front hotel a couple of weeks back and very nice it looked too. I had my SC430 parked less than a mile away in East Runton, Unfortunately I could only manage 27MPG on the 70 mile run up from West Suffolk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gc0700 said:

Nick, I saw you car parked in front of a Cromer sea front hotel a couple of weeks back and very nice it looked too. I had my SC430 parked less than a mile away in East Runton, Unfortunately I could only manage 27MPG on the 70 mile run up from West Suffolk.

Don't say that,🥸 his wife might be reading!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 3:25 PM, gc0700 said:

Excellent, I saw you (Black SC430) driving past two up with the roof down😃

• Like 1

There must have been another one there, as mine is gold (Chardonnay) and as far as I remember the roof was up that weekend. But we were two up, plus dog on the back seat😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links