Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gracenote update

Had my new 350NXH since May2023,  now have a message on the radio screen to update Gracenote, Is this normal and is this update required frequently, and how is the update done. I have scrolled through the systems and cannot find a method to do the update via the car systems, Looking on the Gracenote web site there no update shown for 350NX, will this effect the electronic systems of the car if not updated ?? 

1 hour ago, Franklin said:

will this effect the electronic systems of the car if not updated ??

Only a guess but I very much doubt it.

Gracenote is a database of songs/albums/artistes that allows the track name, album it comes from and album cover art to be displayed onscreen when it's playing. Given that, I don't see how it could affect any other aspect of the car's electronics.

The systems starts comes on with the DAB radio it shows the artist details, after a few minutes is show an update is required, and all the artist details are not shown, is it the radio or the car which requires the update, I am fast losing my confidence in Lexus, not six months old and having several problems with the car and systems.  Another visit to the dealership where no one seems to know how to deal with problems. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Franklin said:

The systems starts comes on with the DAB radio it shows the artist details, after a few minutes is show an update is required, and all the artist details are not shown, is it the radio or the car which requires the update, I am fast losing my confidence in Lexus, not six months old and having several problems with the car and systems.  Another visit to the dealership where no one seems to know how to deal with problems. 

I have no experience with the MM21 system you have - but gracenote was dropped from later releases of MM19 so I'm surprised that it is even present in MM21.  I had understood that the meta data was now fetched over the internet rather than streamed so I'm surprised you get this message.

Paul

2 hours ago, PDM said:

I have no experience with the MM21 system you have - but gracenote was dropped from later releases of MM19 so I'm surprised that it is even present in MM21.  I had understood that the meta data was now fetched over the internet rather than streamed so I'm surprised you get this message.

Paul

I too was under the impression that Gracenote was a thing of the past (at least in the latest Lexus models with the new Lexus Interface software) however the Multimedia manual for the Gen 2 NX has various references to it, including:-

"Information such as the song name, cover art, and station logo is available for the track broadcast on the radio while listening to FM/DAB. This information can be retrieved from the Gracenote server via DCM or Wi-Fi and displayed."

Nothing about updates to it though.

I haven't seen this particular "update required" message on my 2022 NX350h (although I don't use the DAB radio or the native music player).

@Franklin - are you able to post a picture of the message that you are getting so that others can possibly help further?

Strange I looked at all the radio settings, I am not sure what I touched or did during scrolling through them, but the DAB radio is now working correctly, the Gracenote update message has disappeared of the screen.  One down point I contacted Lexus UK and they made a note and said technical would phone me back I am still waiting for the call back. 

I too had the Gracenote update message which has now disappeared. I also, at around the same time, had a message informing me that a second key fob was available and I had to contact the dealer. On contacting the dealer they informed me that they'd not seen this message before. It too has now disappeared.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links