Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jack and handle and wrench in UX?

Hello UX owners in U.K.,

Jointed as owner of a UX250h with a 2020 2WD model with run flat tires . I only have a towing eyelet under the boot. Read the manual and there are jack handle, jack and nut wrench under the boot. Not sure if they are standard accessories that I missed in my UX. Thanks for advice.

Whatever go buy a space saver for emergency use 

runflats are useless if you bust your tyre in a pothole on a Bank Holiday Sunday and zero outlets to buy a new tyre ….. at least the AA /RAC etc can change your wheel ….. they even have the jack onboard 

Otherwise the pick-up truck eventually arrives and all that gross inconvenient pullava …. go get yourself a space saver whatever …… tiny money well spent 🤫

Malc  

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Whatever go buy a space saver for emergency use 

Malcolm, not sure you appreciate how little boot space the UX has. If you are carrying any luggage you cannot fit in a space saver, and it you ever have to change a wheel then you have an even bigger problem of somehow securing a full size wheel in the boot. 

7 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Malcolm, not sure you appreciate how little boot space the UX has. If you are carrying any luggage you cannot fit in a space saver, and it you ever have to change a wheel then you have an even bigger problem of somehow securing a full size wheel in the boot. 

Absolutely right   I have no idea about the boot space 

nor in most cars of course 

But heaven forfend should one have a tyre blowout on a day or night there’s no place open to buy a new tyre !    ….. not even for the RAC 

Which happened  to my daughter in their Arbath 

Just a little word of seemingly useless observational thought from me …… Cest le vie 

Malc 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 10:39 PM, ColinBarber said:

If you are carrying any luggage you cannot fit in a space saver

Hi 

I've had my UX250h for a few weeks now. I bought a Lexus space saver wheel (125/70/17) and it fits perfectly underneath the boot floor. I also bought a scissor jack and wrench online (eBay) which fit into the well of the space saver.

Altogether cost me £50 but gives me peace of mind should I get a puncture in a remote location where the tyre foam might not work. 

Regards

Hi

Yes, the space saver was described as 'used' but it appears as brand new. Certainly the tyre looks as new (Bridgestone). - £40. 

The scissor jack and wrench (Toyota) were £10. 

Regards

Hi Hugh,

Where can you found the Lexus space saver so cheap? In facebook market place or eBay.  I am interested to buy one so I don't have to use run flat tires when they are due to replace soon. 

are spacesavers just generic or do they have to be specific for the car Marque these days ?

if they can be for any car and any hub set-up ( within tyre size parameters ? )  then that makes finding one much easier ?

anyone know the answers here ......  that would help in searching for one !

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

are spacesavers just generic or do they have to be specific for the car Marque these days ?

They need to be specific to the bolt PCD/pattern. The wheel itself also needs to be large enough to clear the brake callipers so you need to be careful in selecting the correct wheel - and make sure it fits (on the front which has larger brakes) before you actually need it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links