Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wax & Polishing

Cs150

For anyone interested waxed the ES for the second time during the 9 months since collecting the vehicle new, it seemed to have left the factory with no protection and the Graphite Black appears to respond well to a product being applied. Rather than take layers off the vehicle with a polish product opted to add layers with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, applied in total 5 coats. Did Try the expensive Autoglym High Definition Wax on a single panel but was disappointed with the amount of duress needed to buff the product away and could see it potentially causing hazing in the lacquer due to the significant pressure that needs to be applied to the delicate Lexus finish. The Extra Gloss Protection product is also cheaper and does not need much pressure being added to the vehicle surface to remove. 

IMG20230819121344.jpg

IMG20230819150224.jpg

IMG20230819170719.jpg

IMG20230819170531.jpg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Steven C said:

Had mine ceramic coated as getting to old to wax a big car. 😂 Just a quick wash with water only and job done. 

Side on..jpg

Same here, best thing l ever did. It's nearly two years old now but still shines like new. Even tar stains come off with a licked cloth.

• Like 2

All the pics look great.

lm a Meguiars product man

I start with a snow foam through the karcher mixer 

use a lambs mitt for cleaning

Then attach my Aquahouse filter for rinse

spray on the Meguiars ceramic Si02 product before drying with a new micro fibre, I use the big yellow Costco ones.

then a final quick spray and wipe with another new one and the quick detailer spray

the used cloths then get sent indoors for washing and then for household cleaning.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Periodically use a clay bar to lift all fine debris off the top coat that no polish or wax will remove.  Even ceramic coatings are not immune to fall out and benefit from a clay bar periodically.    You can feel micro fine debris with the palm of your hand even after polish and/or wax have been used.    No professional detailer polishes  a  car by hand or machine without first using a bar.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links